account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem in transfer of photos from phone to laptop ( photos not showing in memory card folder)

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Problem in transfer of photos from phone to laptop ( photos not showing in memory card folder)

Hi,

I'm new user to Sony and find it amusing that photos which are showing in gallery section are not showing in memory card DCIM folder when i connect my phone to laptop. i checked all settings but could not found out what is the problem why the photos are not showing.

please help me and advise how to sort out this problem./

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Re: Problem in transfer of photos from phone to laptop ( photos not showing in memory card folder)

Hello guys thanks a lot for brainstorming. i got the solution.

I did infact a very silly mistake - under Settings - Sony ericsson- Connectivity -  I chose USB connection mode as MTP (media transfer mode) instead of choosing MSC (mass storage mode).

Its OK now. I can see all files, photos and videos in my laptop. DCIM folder shows everything.

Have a gud day guyz hehe seems i puzzled you a lot with my wierd query.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Problem in transfer of photos from phone to laptop ( photos not showing in memory card folder)

do you see the DCIM > 100ANDRO folder?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

thnx for reply. i see the DCIM-100 ANDRO folder but photos are missing in it. however, if i use phone directly for uploading the photos are there. i checked details of photos in phone where the location of photo is unknown.

please help how to solve this problem

Emperor
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

can you explain what you mean by "if i use phone directly for uploading the photos are there"?

are the pictures taken w/ the camera or did you downloaded this photos?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Ok let me explain. I take pictures from my camera. the pictures are stored in some location either the memory card or phone memory ( though i never found phone memory icon). now if i want to transfer the pictures taken in camera to my laptop i need to connect the phone to my laptop. now when i search inside the DCIM folder of memory card i cant find pictures there. so i cannot download them on my laptop.

now, the same pictures when i recheck in phone gallery i can see them and upload them also on FB or send via gmail.

why is this happening? where are pictures stored in phone which i can see in phone gallery but cannot download them to my laptop?

hope it is clear for your understanding. i think there is some setting or syncronization issue.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Uliwooly's instructions are correct. Any photos taken with the phones default camera application will show in the DCIM>100ANDRO folder. The only reason they should not show in here is if the photos were taken using a third party camera application in which case they will be in a folder relevant to that application.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Dear Sam,

youa are right the photos taken by mobile default camera must show in DCIM folder but it is actually not showing when connected to laptop. I dont know how to affirm my query but because of this im soo much puzzled and troubled while tranferring the files. may be this is a bug in SOny Experia phone.

It sounds strange that you can upload same photos from mobile directly to FB / gmail but cannot download on your laptop coz memory card DCIM folder does not show the pics.

Also, can you please explain why you have mentioned 3rd party camera application?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Do you have another PC that you can try this on as if they are showing on the phone then they are in that folder. I referenced a third party camera application as that would be one reason why they wouldn’t show in the default camera folder.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

i tried several PC's but same problem. i also checked into hidden files when i connected mobile to laptop / desktop but no images were there inside DCIM folder.

i got this phone in June-2012. the initial picture taken until august are showing in DCIM folder but after that no images are there. also, i checked memory card space. it is occupied with photos of >500MB but when i check in DCIM folder (in laptop) it shows only around 100MB of photos. i chekd all folders in memory card apart from DCIM folder but could not find any photos.

also, i would like to tell that the photos taken in June -august when clicked on photo details icon in mobile show the title for ex. DSC_377 and location also ( ulsan for ex,) but photos taken after august display unknown location.

In mobile under gallery section, i can see various folders like Camera 366 photos (KR) , Camera (4), whatsapp images, pictures , picart, images, download bluetooth etc. but when i go inside DCIM folder (when connected to laptop) i cant find such folders. only images taken in June-Aug show up.

can you figure out what is exact problem?

One time poster
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Hello guys thanks a lot for brainstorming. i got the solution.

I did infact a very silly mistake - under Settings - Sony ericsson- Connectivity -  I chose USB connection mode as MTP (media transfer mode) instead of choosing MSC (mass storage mode).

Its OK now. I can see all files, photos and videos in my laptop. DCIM folder shows everything.

Have a gud day guyz hehe seems i puzzled you a lot with my wierd query.

View solution in original post