account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Phone not reading memory card

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Phone not reading memory card

Hi,

I have recently done a software repair on my phone and now my phone won't read my memory card. When I plug it into my laptop and go onto sony pccompanion it says how full my memory card is so I still have all of my things on there but it won't show them to me and when I go into my music player or gallery on my phone it won't show me my memory card content. I have taken the memory card out of the phone and put it into an adapter and my laptop shows all of the content on there. How do I fix this? should I do another software repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Re: Phone not reading memory card

You could try either that,or a software repair via sony update service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Remove the card when you perform it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Try settings-apps-all-media storage,force stop and clear data.Restart your phone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I've gone into settings-apps-all media storage but i cant find force stop and clear data

Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Clear data should work.It should be a fourth tab.

Visitor
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

I have to go through and clear data for every single one?Screenshot_2014-03-22-18-31-06[1].png

Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

You should just fine the app called media storage and clear data for it.

Visitor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

It just says that my gallery and music library are empty

Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

And the card is in your phone?Still not recognising it?Try to remove the battery,keep it out for 1 minute,put it back.

Visitor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

yes the memory card is in my phone, should I remove the mem card aswell as the battery for 1 minute?

Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Leave the card inside,just remove the battery.