account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Phone is too slow to be usable on ICS

Commissioner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone is too slow to be usable on ICS

I'm trying to use this phone as a backup phone since my main one, the Xperia Z3, got stolen. Unfortunately it's literally unusable due to how slow it is. I tried a factory reset and repair but it's too slow. It's so slowed down that I can't even type on the keyboard since every key responds with seconds of delay. The browser is unusable because it fills up the ram and then closes on it's own. Also, I have over 60Mb free on the internal memory but I can't install anything from the play store as it always complains about not enough free space.

Is there anything I can do to make this phone actually work? Or am I out of luck after all these years?

I remember the ICS firmware being absolutely awful back in the day but I don't remember it being THIS bad. It's ridiculous that the ICS firmware was released in this sorrry state back then.

---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone is too slow to be usable on ICS

you can actually flash your device with other lighter roms.. try XDA fourms .

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling