account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Insufficient Storage to Update apps

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Insufficient Storage to Update apps

I'm glad someone has found a solution. I recently had to upgrade WhatsApp. It wouldn't install so I uninstalled the old version and cleared the cache and since then I haven't been unable to reinstall it from Google Play Store - always get insufficient memory message. I have:

Downloaded App Cache Cleaner and utilised that

Done a Factory Reset

Got rid of lots of apps - but sometimes I have even less memory available after I've uninstalled an app

Moved everything I can to SD card

Turned phone off and on

Today the Apps are shown  as using 326MB used and 94MB free. None of the suggestions on this forum have worked for me and I would appreciate any other help, thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Just face facts, the Arc & Arc S are just out of there depth in 2014 due to there limiting hardware.

I've got my Arc S rooted, i've erased a lot of app's of the device, i've moved all the other app's possible to the SD card, i've cleaned the cache & i've still only got 73Mb free memory.

Im waiting on the Nokia Lumia 930 to be launched next week, i've had enough of Sony mobile, Google & Android.

Adept
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Same issue with my xperia s. I've uninstalled all I can but there is a load of crap on there I do not want but cannot uninstall!

Very annoying Angry Face

One time poster
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Thanks; I'll try this approach and see if it works

One time poster
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Why does my Android system takes so much space on my internal memory?
Visitor
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

superb. Thanks a lot for this reply. This resolved the issue. I have Sony Xperia - p series model mobile phone. i went to settings->apps->All. chose each app and clicked on 'Move to internal storage' .This transferred the data from the device to internal storage (SD card).  Then when i installed new apps, it was sucessfully installed. The error message of ' insuffucient storage' was gone.

Thank you.

One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

pls  let me know how can slove this problem n thx