account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

How to check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked?

Hello Frnds,

I need to submit my handset for housing crack issue to the SE service center.. But recently I had flashed it with the Stock ROM prepared with the help of SEUS and Flashtool. So can anyone tell me how to check my Bootloader has been unlocked or it is still locked? Because the method to flash the Stock ROM I used says that it wont unlock the bootloader (as per XDA devlopers).. So can somebody please tell me how can I check it? Thanks.. Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked?

just try to update with pc companion or update service , if it says modified software then the bootloader is unlocked , if it still continues ( cancel it ) then it means its locked..

dial *#*#7378423#*#*

check tje device info..

10 REPLIES 10
Master
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

just try to update with pc companion or update service , if it says modified software then the bootloader is unlocked , if it still continues ( cancel it ) then it means its locked..

dial *#*#7378423#*#*

check tje device info..

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

It is accepting my arc without any problem.. Slightly smiling Face That means my bootloader is still locked.. Slightly smiling Face Can anyone tell me how to switch ON the proximity sensor? I checked the details under the Service menu, it is showing Switch OFF..

Master
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

its always on Slightly smiling Face

you have to move your finger over the sensor then it will change it to "yes" 

try it..

the service menu is basically to test all the hardware of the phone , to see if all the things are working or not...

when you call , the screen turns itself off , this is because of the proximity sensor , when the phone touches the skin , it could end a call without you knowing it , so proximity sensor avoids this...

Demigod
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

hey @slim I also have to flash my stock rom for the SEUS to repair my phone a long day back but I noticed in the service menu that it says bootloader unlock allowed-yes!! wud it cause any warranty problem???

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
Master
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

yes , i was going to add this info but dint want to confused him..

even if its says yes , its not allowed Slightly smiling Face

if you unlock it , you won;t be able to update from pc companion and \ or update service...

also , there are some DRM files  ( i don;t know what they are ) which are lost forever... so maybe some bad thing Dizzy Face

Demigod
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

uff....!!! thank's got relief for that info I thought my phone got bricked!!! neways but i've updated to .62 through my phone inbuilt update cntr!!! so ?? it seems fine na??? I mean got update and updated ??!!!:/

Master
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

yes its fine Slightly smiling Face i updated to 0.42 on the phone itself , so no worry... and i have updated to 0.62 just now Dizzy Face

Demigod
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

woohoo..thanks @slim....!!

Master
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

hmm Slightly smiling Face :smileygrin: Dizzy Face