account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forgot screen lock password?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Forgot screen lock password?

I just bought this phone 2 weeks ago. So I set the screen lock password to protect my phone.

My 1st password for the screen lock is : cibailang

After used this pass for a while, I changed it. Because I've informed this pass to my friend when she borrowed my phone so she doesn't have to keep asking me about the pass everytime the screen locked automatically.

That's why after that, I changed my password from the original one to : ni182161.  

But after use it 2x, the third time I try to log in using this pass, it doesn't work anymore. It really upset me, because I know I already insert the correct password. Now I cannot use my phone because I cannot unlock the screen.

I don't what to do. Now I'm not in my country where I purchased this phone. I'm in Cambodia, so if I want to solve this problem I cannot go to the service centre because I'm not familiar with this country. What should I do??

5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Forgot screen lock password?

Have a look here

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I am in dubai. I just set my new password. But spon i have forgotten it. Please help
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Please help urgently
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Repair with PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

HOW TO I OVERCOME OR OVERRIDE THIS PROBLEM.

COULD SOMEONE TELL IN SIMPLE  EASY LANGUAGE SO I CAN HAVE MY PHONE OPERATIONAL ASAP

THANKS ANYONE !!!!!!