account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Disappointed with Xperia Arc... :(

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

Re: Disappointed with Xperia Arc... :(

any other suggestion will lead you with that, if you have handcent you have to open the regular Messaging app -> MENU -> uncheck notifications and you will only get Handcent notifications

BUT

you will get the message notification on the lock screen, you can't change that, well you can, but

1) you have to root your phone

2) install titanium backup

3) delete an specific app that will stop this notifications on the lock screen

OR

you can use another lock screen

Visitor
Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

Can anyone suggest me some good SMS app which will not hamper the ram of Arc?

Master
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

try handcent sms Winking Face

Oracle
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

FrontierGate's post is correct.

As for number 3, it's not possible to add it as 'Birthday'. You can add it under 'Other' though so the info at least is there if you need this info saved in the contact.

Visitor
Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

I am having new problem with my Arc from last 2 days.. whenever I get any call, my ringtone volume varies.. It constantly goes up and down.. I am not getting why I am facing this problem ???

Oracle
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

Have you tried to change the ringtone to a different one? Please do if you have not already. Also, try to restart the phone and adjust the volume (up or down doesn't matter, just do something on this).

Visitor
Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

Ok.. I'll check that.. and one more thing I want to know.. Previously when my OS was Android 2.3.2, I used to get a sound whenver I used to lock the screen. but since when I have upgraded it to 2.3.4, I am not able to hear any such sound? why this so?

Oracle
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

Changes like this are quite normal and this is something that was removed with a newer software. Can't tell the exact reason for it though.

Demigod
Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

You can certainly get the phone to make a sound when you unlock the screen, if that helps.  Press the menu key, then Settings - Sound - Screen lock sounds.

Oracle
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

My bad, you're right. Slightly smiling Face