account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Contact widget not showing messages

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Contact widget not showing messages

Hello everbody,

With the install of ICS for my Xperia Arc I had a look into the widgets (to see if anything was new). Now I saw an contact widget and the preview shows a message in the long grey bar next to the picture of the contact.

Now I thought: That comes in handy, seeing what the last message is from the person. The problem is, it doesn't work. The long grey bar takes up a lott of space and only shows the name of the contact. Even when I click the grey bar it just shows the same options as when you add an shortcut to an contact.

Does anybody have an fix for this problem, or knows this problem?

With kind regards,

Cleef

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: Contact widget not showing messages

Hi Cleef.

I called up some friends and did a check on this.

The way this works is by reading the latest status update from their Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. But here's the catch: You must have Auto Sync on in "Accounts & Sync" under settings.

(In ICS is the slide button on the upper right corner in the "Accounts & Sync" menu).

Hope this helps.

Francis

4 REPLIES 4
Master
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

if you look closely , you will see a twiter icon so i think its not meant for normal messages but twitter or facebook.

try enable facebook inside xperia , sign in to twitter through timescape and see if you can see latest feed or not.

Demigod
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Cleef.

I called up some friends and did a check on this.

The way this works is by reading the latest status update from their Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. But here's the catch: You must have Auto Sync on in "Accounts & Sync" under settings.

(In ICS is the slide button on the upper right corner in the "Accounts & Sync" menu).

Hope this helps.

Francis

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi slimshaddy & Francis,

Thanks for your replies. It's to bad that it only works for social media and not for the "normal" text messages. That would improve the function a lot.

At least thanks for the answers and replies and I hope that in the future also normal text messages might get supported.

At least now I know what the function does :-)

Greetz,

Cleef

Master
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

so francis cleared your doubt and i myself learned a new thing Slightly smiling Face