account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Cannot send text message on phone

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Cannot send text message on phone

I have the Sony Ericsson Arc since a few days now. The phone is beautiful, but I have 1 problem. I can't send text messages, but receiving message is giving me no problems. All the other applications such as internet, facebook, e-mail etc. is giving me no problems as well. There is no place where you can change the settings for text messages, so I have absolutely no idea how to solve this.

I already asked my provider and Sony Ericsson how I can resolve this problem, but I am still waiting for an answer.

Does someone recognize this problem or know how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot send text message on phone

I have the same problem with my X10 every now and then, sometimes I can't receive sms/mms sometimes I can't send

there are few things to check, your SIM card, but since you can send and your internet its just fine

it might be a bug, that can be fixed if you run Update Service to repair your phone, know that it will delete all your apps

so before you do that you can try renewing your APN

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi

I had exactly the same problem - not being able to send an SMS message from my Xperia Arc.  When I contacted Sony Ericsson they said that it could be an old SIM card (new mobile phones and software don't necessarily work with old phones).  I contacted my mobile phone service provider, they said the best solution was to go to the mobile phone service provider shop and ask for a replacement SIM card (replacement and not new), this would cost £10.  I did this, the SIM card was fitted and hey presto the SMS text message works.

Hope this helps

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

my sonyericsson xperia lt18i i cant sent text message on my phone

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Me too Sony Ericsson Xperia arc lt15i can't send txt msgs.plz help.
Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Still waiting.........