account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

australia release

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

australia release

1.Does anyone know when this phone is going to release in australia?

2. Also if I buy this overseas will i be able to claim warranty in australia?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: australia release

you need to contact Sony Ericsson and ask them directly as for release dates

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=gb&lc=en

if you buy the phone from another country you won't have warranty, which is a bit interesting, I don't understand why a "GLOBAL COMPANY" Lacks of a global warranty, or why is it that if you buy it in a different country you lose your warranty or it's consider gray market or w.e. lingo they use

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

you need to contact Sony Ericsson and ask them directly as for release dates

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=gb&lc=en

if you buy the phone from another country you won't have warranty, which is a bit interesting, I don't understand why a "GLOBAL COMPANY" Lacks of a global warranty, or why is it that if you buy it in a different country you lose your warranty or it's consider gray market or w.e. lingo they use

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Just to add to Uli's post:

One of the biggest reasons there is no global warranty is that not every phone is released worldwide, so we don't want someone to get an Xperia active (in this case), bring it to Australia, and then realize no one in Australia can fix the unit.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

so does that mean that if a Phone its being sold at a country Sony Ericsson has a Repair Center in that country ? because if that's the case it kind of makes sense but if it has to be sent to another country to be fixed what will be the difference on a global warranty even if that country doesn't have a repair center

besides shipping internationally it's not that expensive anymore