account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Active Billabong Edition

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Xperia Active Billabong Edition

hey guys, this would the first of my many comments and posts! :smileywink:

First off, after reading all those thoughts on upgrading to ICS, I was very sad to know about the bugs sad, well it must have been  dissapointing for those who waited long enough. but after reading those pro's and cons I don't think I would be giving my Xperia Active an Ice Cream Sandwich any time soon. If it gets released..
     Well, unless sony releases a big update to fix those. smile happy

Well, since I think sony would (or should) release an update, I was thinking if I installed ICS on a Xperia Active Billabong Edition, would the wallpapers be gone? (not the ones in gallery but in the options when you select sony ericcson wallpapers, cause I don't think they are not the same one's in the gallery)  and how about the billabong logo when you boot up the device would that vanish too?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: Xperia Active Billabong Edition

Xperia Active with Billabong edition still retains its trademark, when booted up, it shows "SONY" followed by "XPERIA" and finally the "BILLABONG LOGO"., and yes those cool surfing /sports wallpapers are still present. :smileywink:

________________________________________________________________________________
22 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

you can backup everything on your phone (your current firmware) taste/test ICS and if you don't like it just go back to your original firmware.

if you get an update you should keep all this features, if you manually update they'll be gone but there might be a way to restore them, with a bit of work but you can get them back.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

this is how to:

backup your firmware

backup your contacts, apps, etc

and flash ICS

How to manually update 2011 Xperias to android 4.0.4 build number 4.1.B.0.431

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38251

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

cause I saw my friend's phone got the ICS update, and the "sony Ericsson" (when you boot up) was changed to just "sony" and followed up with "xperia".. (btw his phone is XPERIA MINI)

Currently in my device (not yet ICS) , after turning the phone on, I get the SE logo and the billabong logo.

so if suppose I backup the firmware and restore it to the phone with ICS, which one would come up?confused

Im so sorry for this "first world problem" hahaha :smileywink: I am only a month old to sony, (I've been a loyal Nokia user (symbian days) until I realize its time to move on)... smile happy

Emperor
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

yes the Active is still yet to receive ICS just be patient

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

wohw. i think I rather wait to update with PCC or SUS, well thanks anyway. smile happy

Commissioner
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Well as far as I have read, ICS is much smoother and faster on the small-screen devices such as mini and mini pro. And the active is indeed the last to recieve the update, but I like to think of it this way; the last get the most stable update!

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Yeah, well my xperia active won't be going anywhere , hope it could have a big bite of that ice cream sandwich soon :-)

Anonymous
N/A
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Hello smile happy do you have the .62 firmware for this model?when I downgrade to .42 I lost the billabong logo..which is a big deal to me sad hopefully they release ICS to one of the lucky billabong edition owner's SI soon...

Thanks

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

So in short, If an Xperia Active Billabong Edition upgrades to ICS, it would loose its Billabong Branding. i.e. the custom wallpapers, Billabong logo at startup, .. It would be just like any other Xperia Active with only the back cover to remind you that you once had an Xperia Active Billabong Edition.