account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 211 of 365
Message 211 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

Too bad... Now I really think it's on every single white z5c... I haven't seen one with no problem at all after tests.

One time poster
Message 212 of 365
Message 212 of 365

I just registered here to tell you that I have a z5 compact white (rev 2, bought in Sweden) and I dont have any problem whats so over with my screen. I have filmed with 4k for 8 min, barely got hot.

Very happy with the phone expect for a little bit of micro stutter once in a while and that the camera app takes up to 5 seconds to start!!

Learner
Message 213 of 365
Message 213 of 365

Still nothing from you sony?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 214 of 365
Message 214 of 365

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service for all of our products. We are aware of reports of a limited number of customers experiencing touch input issues on their white Xperia™ Z5 Compact devices. By gathering information and analysing returned devices we have found the root cause and will release a new software to improve the user experience on your white Z5 Compact. Other colour versions of the Xperia™ Z5 Compact are not affected by this issue.

The software update will be available on our support software PC Companion and Bridge for Mac from beginning of week 44. The software is rolling out through retail partners with exact timings varying by region and/or operator.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 215 of 365
Message 215 of 365

Hi,

If you have located the issue, can you please disclose this? I'm a bit suprised that this can be solved by a SW update, it sounds more like symptom treatment that a actual fix.

Thanks

fax
Regular
Message 216 of 365
Message 216 of 365

A new software update came out today - version 32.0.A.5.32. Since this is week 43, I assume that that update does not contain the fix? (BTW, I had looked for release notes for that software update but did not find anything. It would be really useful if Sony provided a list of improvements for their software updates.)
Apprentice
Message 217 of 365
Message 217 of 365

Ok. Im happy if it fixes the problem but for me "highest standards of product quality and customer service" means also at least a brief explanation. Clearly it seems now that the hardware is faulty but somehow the issue can be addressed with software.

Let's see..

Regular
Message 218 of 365
Message 218 of 365

I recently installed the update and so far after filming in 4K for about 7½ minutes it worked fine (apart from some warnings that temperature was rising). Continued to play need for speed some, and then poked around some more on the phone without any issues with the screen/touch interaction. Swiping worked fine, the android bottom and top menus acted as they should.. crossing fingers for this release. Still very dissapointed on Sony for not responding better to this issue, either in this forum or elsewhere publically.

Lets hope and wait and see if this updated solved it permanently.

Apprentice
Message 219 of 365
Message 219 of 365

Can someone with access to their phone, that used to have problems and that now has the "fix", download the free app YAMTT from Google Play and confirm there's support for more than five finger-inputs simultaneously and that it does not crash as it used to after use.

I find it hard to believe this can be solved through software update. Good news if it is but I'd like proof.

Regular
Message 220 of 365
Message 220 of 365

That worked just fine for me! Please see attached image.

Screenshot_2015-10-21-16-45-56.jpg