account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 161 of 365
Message 161 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

its effect of the scale and I can bet it is software related not hardware and definitelly should be fixed the nearest update

sony would be completely stupid to admit they have issues with their phones!!! no company would do that (take apple or samsung for example)

Regular
Message 162 of 365
Message 162 of 365

According to a Norwegian retailer, Telehuset, this will be fixed with an sw update. Maybe this week.
Learner
Message 163 of 365
Message 163 of 365

I hope so. But why cant sony write it here.

Apprentice
Message 164 of 365
Message 164 of 365

I had my white for repair and finally got a mail that they have decided I gould get a new phone. Changed to the black and seems to be no problem at all so far (pepper pepper take in wood (swedish saying)).

/Perty

fax
Regular
Message 165 of 365
Message 165 of 365

I've played around with the issue and it doesn't reproduce easily for me. During normal usage over the last 10 days, the system buttons locked up twice. I can sometimes provoke it by running a benchmark (I am using Geekbench 3 because it doesn't require unreasonable permissions) but not always. The phone isn't hot or in some cases not even warm when it locks up.

The one thing I observed is that I can always switch off the display with the button on the right side, switch it on again and the phone works fine again. I am not saying that this is acceptable behavior for a new phone but I am certainly glad that I am not the Sony engineer that needs to debug this. It smells like a software issue but then why would it only occur with the white model?

Model SI 1298-2037 Rev 2

Rookie
Message 166 of 365
Message 166 of 365

Hi. I have the very same problem. IT is extremely disturbing when texting or surfing. Even scrolling to the next window in home screen. IT goes ape**bleep**. Also I would like to know if anyoene Else notice this when battery is low, IT happens mutch more often.
Apprentice
Message 167 of 365
Message 167 of 365

Did sony release a update today, seems like the problem is gone for me?
Rookie
Message 168 of 365
Message 168 of 365

This is a ttest to soow you guuuyys whhat hhappens whhenniitt goes crazyy. II am wriitiing as i bnoormalyy would with any oother phhoone. Yyouu hhhavve too fiixx this Sony!
Rookie
Message 169 of 365
Message 169 of 365

I Hope you are right. Becauuse iit goes apeshhit as yyyouu ccann see mee writing tthis. Itts a nightmare Becauuse the Phone is so good iin all ootthher ways :/
Apprentice
Message 170 of 365
Message 170 of 365

I was supose to send my Phone back today for a new one but it seems that i cant cause the problem anymore. I dont know if its just temporary luck or a fix.