account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 365
Message 1 of 365

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

hi all 

i just got my z5 couple days ago and i already have a problem with my phone

when im about to type a msg and i press a letter (lets say i press S one time) the phone will register it like this sssssssssssssssss

and it wont stop ...  if i use facebook i cant scroll down because everytime i try it will enter every single post or picture

i also have a small recording of some of my problems where i have to press many times before the phone wants to do something 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddfC30WEm2E&feature=youtu.be

NEW VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jusF9pr8oX4

if i lock the phone and open again the problem goes away for some time and it happens again if i use it for a bit 

i did reset/reinstall the phone .. same problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 325 of 365
Message 325 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

I just got information that this will be corrected in an upcoming software update that is planed to start rolling out in the middle of April 2016. Please note that software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

364 REPLIES 364
Genius
Message 2 of 365
Message 2 of 365

Hi @bardakson

Please, try to boot your device into safe mode as explained in the link below and check if this issue persists. If everything works ok in this mode, a third party app its creating this problem.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Adviser
Message 3 of 365
Message 3 of 365

thank you ill try it out

Genius
Message 4 of 365
Message 4 of 365

Hi @bardakson

You are welcome, keep us updated. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Message 5 of 365
Message 5 of 365

Also check by removing any case you might be using.
Learner
Message 6 of 365
Message 6 of 365

having _exactly_ the same problem. device is practically unusable because of this. cannot scroll through contacts without accidentally calling people etc.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 365
Message 7 of 365

I also have a similar problem.

The touch stops working and behaves strange, but after a quick closing of the screen and on a again it works again until it failes again.

I started a thread about it on swedroid.se (swedish) here:

http://www.swedroid.se/forum/threads/problem-med-skaermen-pa-x5-compact.126351

/Perty

Apprentice
Message 8 of 365
Message 8 of 365

I'm having the same issue. Is there a chance that is a hardware error or is it in fact a software problem?

Genius
Message 9 of 365
Message 9 of 365

Hi @davekk @Perty @madskaae

I suggest you to first run a backup of the device information. Then try performing a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP.

Adviser
Message 10 of 365
Message 10 of 365

hi guys 

(update)

i tried booting in safe mode .. but the same happened there ..

i later reinstalled everything without downloading any APPS or UPDATES just to see if it was a problem caused by  an app 

with no luck ... i had same problem with or without updates and apps after fresh install ..

so today i took the phone to the place where i got it and told them everything and showed the video and they gave me a new phone

and same problem :/