account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 321 of 365
Message 321 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

After update I face the same problem as everybody else.... Really annoying!

I own a white Z5 Compact.

Are there any official statements from Sony?

Learner
Message 322 of 365
Message 322 of 365

I did a factory reset and it went away for a couple of days.

But now its back, and it kicks in quicker and affects a bigger area of the screen than before.

How do I revert back to Lollipop? My phone is unusable in its current state.

Learner
Message 323 of 365
Message 323 of 365

I'm also having same problem with my white z5 compact. Touchscreen problems have returned since I've updated to marshmallow, maybe there should be another thread as this is the first thread for which they fixed n might of stopped reading, so need to let them know the problems returned with marshmallow update
Apprentice
Message 324 of 365
Message 324 of 365

I talked to Sony support in Sweden and they told me "humm, strange that you have that problem, most phones with this issue was returned by the dealers, because of touch problem and did not reach end users"
Don't know what to make of it, they were not willing to replace mine now..
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 325 of 365
Message 325 of 365

I just got information that this will be corrected in an upcoming software update that is planed to start rolling out in the middle of April 2016. Please note that software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Apprentice
Message 326 of 365
Message 326 of 365

Okay, sounds good..But what about future updates, i.e when our phones are abit dated, like e.g. the z2 is now, will the updates we receive future include the nessecary software corrections for the (hardware) problem in our units? Or have we simply received faulty units from the factory and have to live with it? And my friend who received a working white Z5 compact should just be considered lucky?
Im thinking, brand, quality and responsibility for DOA units, shouldn't Sony step up and replace the faulty units?
Regular
Message 327 of 365
Message 327 of 365

Could someone from Xperis Support please answer Peppelitos post? Is this an HW issue? Why try to mask a HW problem with a SW fix? The faulty HW will still be present.
One time poster
Message 328 of 365
Message 328 of 365

Hey, guys.

Stumbled upon this thread while looking for a fix for this.

Mine's been acting strange like the others since it was replaced last month.

I can't scroll down (encountered while using facebook app). and keying-in multiple inputs in the keyboard when I hold down a key.

I just restart my device everytime this acts up.

Good thing there will be an update for the fix.

Rookie
Message 329 of 365
Message 329 of 365

Two Questions:

1. Does this only effect white phones?

This website links touchscreen issues to the phone's heat, and states that it effects mostly only white phones: https://www.androidpit.com/sony-xperia-z5-compact-problems-and-solutions

2. Why is this post marked "SOLVED", it doesn't seem solved to me. If SONY is bringing out a fix it's not solved. If SONY brought out a fix, and users confirmed it worked, only then it is solved.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 330 of 365
Message 330 of 365

The information i have is that a software correction is needed and will fix this. If the touchscreen worked as expected before the update to Android 6.0, please wait for the new update.

But if you have reason to suspect that there's something wrong with the hardware in your unit, please contact a service centre or your Local support to have your unit checked.

@Matthysdt

Yes, the software correction is only needed for the white version of Z5 Compact.

The reason this thread has been marked as solved even though the update is not released yet is so that new users who comes here can find the information about the upcoming update easily.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.