account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
fax
Regular
Message 201 of 365
Message 201 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

The German online magazine teltarif.de bumped into the touchscreen issue when testing the Z5 Compact and asked Sony for a comment: http://www.teltarif.de/sony-xperia-z5-compact-test/news/61341.html?update=1542447. The response was (freely translated): "The mobile unit is following up on reports where users reported "issues with input on their Xperia Z5 Compact". The cases are being examined."

Apprentice
Message 202 of 365
Message 202 of 365

The other day I went to another telenor (danish service provider) booth and asked if they heard anything about this, and the guy told me nope, they were on the phone with sony a few hours ago and nobody mentioned anything. Himself, owning a Z5 (not compact) has no idea of this issue too.

So I tried video recording for 5 minutes with the white z5c display unit and showed him the problem (which is apparently on every white z5c I have seen) and he was quite surprised and told me they will report it back to sony.

We also went along and tried other units both z5 and z5c and apparently the problem is only on white z5c and is not a direct result of overheating because we also tried recording on the yellow z5c. In fact for  30+ minutes straight,  it has no problem at all.

tl:dr

Don't buy white z5c at all at the moment.

All units I tested had the problem...

And other colours are good.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 203 of 365
Message 203 of 365

I've bought my first Sony phone. A Z5c, black. Fortunately I don't recognize the touchscreen problems. I hope Sony comes with a fix for the white phones!

Adviser
Message 204 of 365
Message 204 of 365

Room for one more? White Compact Z5, from Finland and also encountering the same problems. Ta-ta!

Learner
Message 205 of 365
Message 205 of 365

I'm from Sweden and I have a white z5 compact. I've had it for a couple of weeks with the screen bug. But now it seems gone! I can't imagine that I've fixed it and it may very well return, but right now it works. The only two things I did was to turn it off (not reboot) and remove it from the wallet case I had it in. Do you guys have any sure methods of forcing the screen problems that I can try?
Learner
Message 206 of 365
Message 206 of 365

Make a video for 5 minutes ....was advised in this forum before and in my case it worked to initiate the screen issue  

Learner
Message 207 of 365
Message 207 of 365

Now I've tried to record a five minute video. The screen works fine. Can I try something else?
Adviser
Message 208 of 365
Message 208 of 365

Hello Fotokungen

Play a video better a HD version until the battery gets warmer (offcourse it will in a matter of 5-10 minutes). After this, try to scroll the screen, type message etc and you can observe the sluggish behaviour of the screen. Hope this info helps.

Rgds

One time poster
Message 209 of 365
Message 209 of 365

So bummed out but guess what.. +1 from Norway as well
Learner
Message 210 of 365
Message 210 of 365

Now when the kids are asleep I've made more tests and when I tried to record a 4k video it shut down the app after seven minutes and then the screen problem was back.