account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 171 of 365
Message 171 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

Same problem here.

White

32.0.A.4.11
Brought form Telenor i Denmark

No  solutions worked. No update avaliable here.

Going to Telenor, force them to take it back, and give me a "NOT SONY PHONE"

Sony seem to "pee" on their customer, by not reacting to this issue.

So Sony...... you have allmost no time left to react.

Soon....Very soon...Hours only.....Im saying goodbye..Sony

Enthusiast
Message 172 of 365
Message 172 of 365

No update from Sony
Learner
Message 173 of 365
Message 173 of 365

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/10/06/xperia-z5-compact-owners-reporting-touch-screen-problems/

Copied from Link above : We can confirm our resident Xperia Z3 Compact also suffered from this, which was also a white model incidentally.

The only ‘fix’ that worked was turning off the double tap to wake feature.

I would advise : Try this on your white xperia z5 compact to see if it solves the issue. Let me know!

Regular
Message 174 of 365
Message 174 of 365

That setting has no effect on this issue on my phone.
It doesn't make it worse but does not make it any better
either.
Apprentice
Message 175 of 365
Message 175 of 365

Update: the problem came back..
Apprentice
Message 176 of 365
Message 176 of 365

I still havent bought the phone because of this,

but I went to telenor's booth (denmark) the other day

and tested the white display unit, by video recording for 5 minutes.

after stopping, the touch screen problem appears.

Also tested on the black variant, everything was fine.

Rookie
Message 177 of 365
Message 177 of 365

So why only the White. The hardware should be the same as and also the software is the same. What has happened here. As soon as the update comes up I Will sell my z5 c. for an galaxy edge. Even though i dont like big phones
Adviser
Message 178 of 365
Message 178 of 365

I recall having absolutely the same problem on my Xperia Z1 and it was one of the main reasons why i sold it in the end. There was absolutely no solution other then blocking it and reawaken - only then the problem would go away for some time, and would  come back afterwards eventually. I should mention here, that my Z1 was also White. So it was described by a lot of people, and the reason in the end was called static electricity, that accumulated on the screen and would not disappear untill you switch the screen off. I am very sorry to hear the new Z model has the same kind of problem.

Using M5 now - nothing like it, the screen is ok for now.

Adviser
Message 179 of 365
Message 179 of 365

Hi Gazmendg

Why only white one? Well, could be that Sony white ones were manufactured in one of their units in Sweden and other versions are manufactured in China. I am just guessing.

Apprentice
Message 180 of 365
Message 180 of 365

Sent my phone to care center yesterday. Tried the tricks mentioned here earlier.. disabling AR effect and uninstalling Facebook etc... I think it helped a little.. meaning that the problem didn't occur as often as before. but definetely didn't disappear..

It is interesting that someone mentioned static electricity issue.. Sometimes the device went to a state where I could generate "touches" by touching the backside of the phone!!!!

This makes me 99,9% confident that it is not a software issue. Probably it has something to do with some physical attributes of that white material used in those models..