account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 131 of 365
Message 131 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

Perhaps sony has multiple oem manufacturers for the z3 compact screen...

Apprentice
Message 132 of 365
Message 132 of 365

In Denmark, they just wrote me that they are working on the issue, but can't say how long it takes to fix it.. They just told me to return and get a new one.. Thinking of buying it from another store, just to be sure that I don't get another from same shipment.. Although I can't relate to the heat issue.. Mine got the problems when it was cold.. It didn't overheat as I used it..
Learner
Message 133 of 365
Message 133 of 365

I have same issue, white z5 compact... I wonder if they ever tested the finished product, this happens all the time and does not seem to be related to heating issues. Since the issue seems to be on many phones indent see the point in getting a replacement. At least not before Sony has found the issue, and can say it is fixed. Should that not happen soon, a refund is probably they way to go.

Actually I find it very sad as I really like this phone...
Learner
Message 134 of 365
Message 134 of 365

This is quite depressing yes. A lot of money spent too.. 

I sent mine back yesterday (Norway, Netonnet). They said I would get a new one, but I don't believe it yet. And also don't believe that a new white Z5C will be better Slightly frowning Face

It seems like all of the tests done by websites, has a black Z5C in hand.. 

Probably just a coincidence...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 135 of 365
Message 135 of 365

Dont be such a negative Nancy Slightly smiling Face. You will get new one and Sony will fix rest of the phones and after that we will have best phone of the markets can provide Winking Face
Visitor
Message 136 of 365
Message 136 of 365

This is the reply sony gave me on facebook: 

Hej, Vi har fått in några rapporter angående detta och har fört det vidare internt för undersökning. /Patrik Sony Mobile

Loosely translated to:

Hi, we have received some reports regarding this, and we have brought it up for internal investigation. 

Apprentice
Message 137 of 365
Message 137 of 365

Same answer they give in Denmark..
Adviser
Message 138 of 365
Message 138 of 365

i got a new z5compact again today .. this is my third ..this time it is black .. and so far no problems

Enthusiast
Message 139 of 365
Message 139 of 365

Bardakson - how did you get them to give you a 3rd phone?? Telenor is completely and absolutely refusing to give me one in black until the 2 other ones have been sent to Telenor's repair center and then to Sony.... Will probably be a full month before I get a new one!!! Slightly frowning Face
Adviser
Message 140 of 365
Message 140 of 365

they told me he would sent it to repair and i refused .. i actually got really angry .. i told him that i buy a phone for 4500dkk and you expect me to sent it for repair after a week when it is not my fault and he said i was right and gave me a black one this time ... 

he also said that they got many of them in for repair .. but im not gonna wait 1-2 weeks for them to try to repair a phone when they dont EVEN KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH IT