account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z5p how can I block a text message sms?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

xperia z5p how can I block a text message sms?

hello, recently I've started receiving spam sms, and I don't know how to block them without changing my default sms app. Most programs require me to change the messaging app and I love my Sony app. Can you please help?
Thank you for your time!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: xperia z5p how can I block a text message sms?

It's not easy to get rid of this kind of spam so being able to block specific numbers would be very useful indeed. I have forwarded your feedback, just let me know if you have any follow up questions. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I've contacted my provider to block the number but they refuse because it's not promotion sms from them... It's annoying, I rarely receive sms and when I do I usually jump to get my phone..forever alone Slightly smiling Face)
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @iuliana7, sorry to hear that you're getting spam SMS. Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid that our app Messages doesn't have a setting that allows you to block messages from specific numbers. As you say there are third party apps that allows you to do this, Google's app Messenger being one of them.

I will make sure to forward this as user feedback.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you @Christofer it would be a very useful update to be able to block sms.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It's not easy to get rid of this kind of spam so being able to block specific numbers would be very useful indeed. I have forwarded your feedback, just let me know if you have any follow up questions. Slightly smiling Face