account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 31 of 122
Message 31 of 122

Re: "Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

Same issue for me. Playstore keeps crashing ok my z5 premium ever since I did the upgrade this morning.
Is there even a Sony rep on this thread?
There is no way I'm going to use companion to factory reset and erase all my app settings.
Sony should provide a fix on this ASAP as it'll be hitting the blogs in the morning pretty badly.
Sage
Message 32 of 122
Message 32 of 122

This helped me through a similar problem with MM in virtualbox.

Hope,it will help: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/fqU5vZlybGk;context-place=forum/play

Adviser
Message 33 of 122
Message 33 of 122

Moving my post here as more relevant thread:

Well I'm a victim of the latest update as well.  I can't believe it has been reported weeks ago yet there's no solution or help offered by Sony.

I'm using the Z5 on the Bell network in Canada - I just got notified of the update yesterday (by email from Sony and the phone alerted me as well). 

Fortunately my UI is still working and the phone is usable, however Google play services can't be updated and Google play won't open.

I came on here to see if people has the same issue only to find this thread.  Now I'm scared my phone is going to eventually just stop working altogether and I'm travelling next week so can't afford to have that to happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  How can Sony encourage customers to update when there's obviously a major issue!??!

Rookie
Message 34 of 122
Message 34 of 122

Did update and now google play won't work

I did the update on my Z5 lastnight and now I get a banner say my Google play won't open or connect. And it's my battery dry. I've tried restarting and turning the phone completely off. And still not working.

One time poster
Message 35 of 122
Message 35 of 122

Re: New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update - [UPDATED]

I keep getting notified to update Google Play Store but when I go to update the app it keeps crashing, its been happening since I updated my phone yesterday morning. I have restarted my phone twice nothing has helped. Please fix this issue, thank you in advance.
Adviser
Message 36 of 122
Message 36 of 122

Re: Did update and now google play won't work

If I do a factory reset, it's going to wipe all my files from the phone.  So if I take a backup first, and then reset the phone, am I going to run into the same problem again when I recover my files from the backup?

Learner
Message 37 of 122
Message 37 of 122

My Google play services keep crashing, constantly.  Normal Z5 after Marshmallow update initiated from the phone.

Good job Bell and Sony.

I also have a notification saying I need to update Google play services and that it won't run unless you..

Very descriptive Sony.

How do I update apps if I can't open the store?!

This does not encourage me to ever buy another Sony mobile product ever. This is after a 6 month delay. Wow.

One time poster
Message 38 of 122
Message 38 of 122

Also experiencing this issue, none of the fixes on this thread works.

Adviser
Message 39 of 122
Message 39 of 122

Jake - you tried to do a reset through PC companion and even that didn't work?

Apprentice
Message 40 of 122
Message 40 of 122

24hrs later and after trying various options, still no success in resolving this issue.

Let me ask this a different way. If I do this via Sony Companion, meaning do a factory reset and then applying the update via Sony Companion, do I lose all my settings and configurations?

OR

Is there some back up and restore feature that will bring back my phone exactly with the config of the apps of how I have it currently?