account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 122
Message 11 of 122

Re: System UI dead after Marshmallow update

The issue has been corrected after I re-installed Marshmallow from the Sony PC Companion and essentially factory wiping my phone.

Do NOT update your phone via wifi or through the phones "Software Update" panel.  Only update through your PC using the Phone companion.

Visitor
Message 12 of 122
Message 12 of 122

Emperor
Message 13 of 122
Message 13 of 122

@CryoZero

Turn off the phone > run PCC > support zone > keep the phone off and follow the steps, it will delete everything on the phone.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 14 of 122
Message 14 of 122

Re: "Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

DO NOT update to Android 6 on your Sony Z5... It will mess up Google Play Store, then you have to do thousands of fixes which WILL NOT work, then you have to FACTORY RESET your phone and have a good ol time placing all your settings back for hours... GJ Sony!!!! Loving my Android 6 Play Store error!!!! >:-(

Emperor
Message 15 of 122
Message 15 of 122

@Android6SonySUCKS

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but that's not the general consensus. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 16 of 122
Message 16 of 122

Also getting the issue with "Google Play Store has Stopped"

Emperor
Message 17 of 122
Message 17 of 122

@Chad3

Follow the suggestions on this thread.

Visitor
Message 18 of 122
Message 18 of 122

Doing a factory wipe on my phone isn't much of a solution.  It's more of an "oh well screw it" to anyone who got this issue.  If I have to factory wipe because Sony can't get an update right then my next phone certainly won't be a Sony.

Emperor
Message 19 of 122
Message 19 of 122

@Chad3

There are other suggestions on this post, sorry that you feel that way, but I hope your next device if not Sony, it's something that won't have any issues. Make sure to visit their forums before you buy it. 

Visitor
Message 20 of 122
Message 20 of 122

When you pay almost 1k for a phone the expectation that it works should be a given.  I'm sorry that you feel testing a product to make sure it works prior to launch is asking too much of the company making them.  As for switching products next time, that's not a feeling it's a fact at this point after poor customer service from the representatives I've contacted.