account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 101 of 122
Message 101 of 122

Re: "Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

Same issue but not so frequently. Maybe one or two times per day

Message 102 of 122
Message 102 of 122

@Wally1

@Jschwee

Do you by any chance have a Canadian variant of the phone? If yes, the Marshmallow update was pulled by Sony Canada a few days ago so the Xperia or PC Companion will find Lollipop version 32.0.A.6.200 as the latest version available. It's not known when the update will be released again, but it should be released as soon as the issues (especially Google Play issue) have been fixed.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 103 of 122
Message 103 of 122

Yes I do have a Canadian version. Thanks for letting me know about the pulled update. That makes sense now.

Apprentice
Message 104 of 122
Message 104 of 122

Yes Canadian, I did perform the software repair on the 26th, don’t know if marshmallow has been pulled by then!?

Emperor
Message 105 of 122
Message 105 of 122

@Quester 

Awesome for the heads up, I stand corrected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 106 of 122
Message 106 of 122

@Wally1

The time stamp on Sony Canada's tweet was 26-03-2016 5:49 AM.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 107 of 122
Message 107 of 122

Same issue here.
Did a marshmallow update via OTA.
Got the google playstore error popping up.
Did a repair via Companion and it downgraded me to 5.1.1.
Very frustrated, as it erased everything! And I'm on old stock!
Message 108 of 122
Message 108 of 122

Yeah, and I think I've read about pretty much every back-up system causing some kind of problem

for people on this forum.

I'm still waiting for the fix.

Visitor
Message 109 of 122
Message 109 of 122

I went round in circles trying to get my Google Play to work on my Sony Xperia Z5, I even when into my O2 store, wrote to Sony and Google without success. I went back to my mobile and started again and found the following. I went to Settings, scrolled down to Sound & Notification, the down to APP notifications, scrolled across the top to All APPs, then went down to Google Service Framework and clicked on the circled (i) in the top right corner and the found the item was Disabled, I changed it to Enable, then Restarted my mobile and found I can now get into Google Store as before. Johnboy

Highlighted
Message 110 of 122
Message 110 of 122

Ohh, you had me hoping for the fix!

My Google Services Framework is already set to enable :-(