account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

"Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 91 of 122
Message 91 of 122

Re: "Google Play Store has Stopped" after Z5 Premium Marshmallow Update

Because some people are reporting more problems after the 3+ hour factory reset (lost data that was supposed to be backed up, can't sign in, other sysyem errors, etc)
Emperor
Message 92 of 122
Message 92 of 122

@MakeAndroidGreat

There are myriad ways to backup your phone, also, if they created a backup with a different android version, they won't be able to use that backup, so if your phone its already on Marshmallow > create a backup > repair the phone 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 93 of 122
Message 93 of 122

I updated my Z5 to Marshmallow through wifi, and i got the google play store has stopped. I backed it up in Sony pc companion, i then did the repair in that program, and it factory wiped and downgraded me to 5.1.1. Both Sony pc companion and Xperia companion show that my phone is up to date. My question is how can i get it to update to Marshmallow again? It's been 3 days and it hasn't asked me to update yet.

Apprentice
Message 94 of 122
Message 94 of 122

This is exactly what I did!!!! Had Marshmallow on my phone with all the problems, did a backup through PC companion, a Software repair through Xperia companion, once the repair was successfully finished I had a perfectly fine working lollipop android on my phone and could not do a data restore because the backup was done on marshmallow!!!! So what did I do wrong?

Apprentice
Message 95 of 122
Message 95 of 122

The repair does downgrade the phone to lollipop!!! This why you lose your under marshmallow backed up data!!

Emperor
Message 96 of 122
Message 96 of 122

@Jschwee

That's not accurate, neither PCC, nor Bridge, nor XC, nor OTA updates can downgrade your phone, it was not possible before, it's not possible now and most likely won't be possible in the future. 

If you read on the forum you can see that users ask how to downgrade and the suggestions are 

either contact your Local support

or 

use flashtool or Xperifirm

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 97 of 122
Message 97 of 122

It might not be accurate to you, but thats exactly what it did, why would i make that up. I just did the repair again to see if it would update back to 6, but it gives me build number 32.0.A.6.200. I never wanted to downgrade, i was trying to fix the google error with Sony pc companion. This is a stock bell phone, no rooting or otherwise done to it. I know it downgraded because my backup is with marshmallow, and when i try to restore it says wrong version.

Emperor
Message 98 of 122
Message 98 of 122

@Jschwee

I have multiple Xperias and this has never happened, the update process its an "update" process not a downgrade process, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support 

I will escalate this, but again, this has never happened. 

Apprentice
Message 99 of 122
Message 99 of 122

It may have never happened to you but it did to me!!! This is why I lost all of my Data. Read my previous posts!!!!

Emperor
Message 100 of 122
Message 100 of 122

@Wally1

Dude calm ... down this is a user based forum, I'm just trying to help, I understand your frustration but this does NOT happen, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support

I have already escalated this, so either wait until I get info on this, or you can contact Sony directly but calm down.