account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

problem in logging to google account

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

problem in logging to google account

hi

i repaired my z5 dual via xperia companion, acttualy it worked like factory reset, now after reset, the phone says enter your google account which registered in ths phone before. i forgot the password,so i reset the pass, with new password, after enter the user and pass of google, it says please enter the google account of the owner, but i enter the correct google account.

what should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Re: problem in logging to google account

Hi @r3z4x,

When you reset the password for your Google account prior to a software repair, the account is "locked" for 24 hours (used to be 72 hours) just like @nolramlb wrote and you won't be able to verify your account with your Google credentials.

That's essentially the logic of Device Protection. The idea is that your Google™ account and password are the "lock" and "key" that are required to open your Device Protection-enabled device (the door) after it undergoes a factory reset, and that by changing your Google™ account password, you're "tampering" with the lock right before you enter the door – which is suspicious.

And so at that point, Google™ initiates a 24-hour hold on sign-ins to that "door".

When 24 hours have passed, log in with your new password and the Google account that you previously had in your phone.

Let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

@r3z4x

maybe you have to wait a bit for the password to catch up? maybe reseting the password once more

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Before you change your password again. Please be reminded that there is a cool down before you can use the account again to register your Android device, it is a security feature after changing your password. I think it is from 24 to 72 hours before it registers as the new password.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/07/13/dont-change-your-google-password-before-factory-resetting-yo...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi @r3z4x,

When you reset the password for your Google account prior to a software repair, the account is "locked" for 24 hours (used to be 72 hours) just like @nolramlb wrote and you won't be able to verify your account with your Google credentials.

That's essentially the logic of Device Protection. The idea is that your Google™ account and password are the "lock" and "key" that are required to open your Device Protection-enabled device (the door) after it undergoes a factory reset, and that by changing your Google™ account password, you're "tampering" with the lock right before you enter the door – which is suspicious.

And so at that point, Google™ initiates a 24-hour hold on sign-ins to that "door".

When 24 hours have passed, log in with your new password and the Google account that you previously had in your phone.

Let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

thanks

after 24hrs i could logg into my account

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm happy to hear you were able to log in again! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that everything works like it should with your phone now! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

after 24 hours can I use a new email adress?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Ramitha123,

You will need to use the same Google account that was added in the device before the factory reset / software repaired.

If you can't remember the Google account, try following the instructions on the link below and see if you are able to get a hold of your Google credentials.

https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620

If you are unable to recover your account, your device will need to be sent to an authorized service centre so the protection can be removed. Your Local support team will assist you further with this, so get in contact with them!

I hope that helps!

Visitor
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

ok,thank you..