account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

Rookie
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

I wonder why a company like sony do these kind of shortcuts in making app? i have z5 premium dual and After android 7 update the phone app is changed and even unlike the previous version its not designed for dual sim phones, you clearly would notice this after first 5 sec, there's not 2 button for sim 1 &2 only a dial button which will pop up a laggy screen that you then choose which sim u want to call, how could they make a meeting and say ok its acceptable for phone app? I really need this fixed 😑
26 REPLIES 26
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

@Moh3n_n

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Re: phone app in Android 7 is not designed for dual sim, just works ish on duals

Hi @Moh3n_n,

Welcome to the community.

Can I please just check if you updated your phone officially (directly from the phone or using Xperia Companion) or if you installed the update yourself manually?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

PHONE APP LAGGING

After a clean Installation of Nougat Update ...Phone app not functioning smoothly. while scrolling up and down the call history, It Lags a lot.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

I updated my phone officially and I get the same thing. It's obvious that they removed it.
I like how with every update the keep removing things. When we got from Android 5 to 6 we lost the dual ringtone option (a different ringtone for each sim) and now this. Let's hope they fix atleast this in a future update
Rookie
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Call Log Lag in 7.0

Hey, i have just noticed that there is a noticeable lag while scrolling in the call log. Is there anyone witnessed the same problem?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Re: Call Log Lag in 7.0

yes.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Re: Call Log Lag in 7.0

yes , it is noticeable

Regular
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Phone lagging when scrolling the phone dialer history after nougat update

My xperia z5 have these problem after nougat update

1) lagging when scrolling the phone dialer history

2) need much time to see gallery after taking photo

3) lower speaker volume than the marshmallow

Did you guys experienced these problem?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

Im using xperiq z3+ is the same. Very laggy, not only in the official call log but in the whatsapp call log too.. Actually the scroll is smooth, except scroll in the any call log.
Please fix this issue Sony. Please..