account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

One time poster
Message 121 of 142
Message 121 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Just arrived. 

Inhabitant
Message 122 of 142
Message 122 of 142

My phone also just updated from android 6 to 7 this morning.

I already gave up waiting for Nougat.

Visitor
Message 123 of 142
Message 123 of 142

If you have the DUAL version DO NOT Download, it breaks the DUAL feature!!!!!! You can't pick which SIM to use for dialing out!!

Enthusiast
Message 124 of 142
Message 124 of 142

Been running the new 32.3.a.2.33 version a few days and guess what battery still dies in my pocket!! 

Contact Sony they say repair the phone using g a PC, even though i informed then i tried that several times. They said return it for a repair!! Should we all do that?

Took the phone off charge, went work left it in my pocket, and hey presto, half flat already

Screenshot_20170425-150014.png

Adviser
Message 125 of 142
Message 125 of 142

Just updated my phone last night (Hong Kong variant).

One issue, my dialer had 4 tabs all morning: favorites (starred), recents, contacts, and voicemail. This was a welcome change as I could now delete voicemails from the dialer and couldn't before.

HOWEVER

Halfway through the day, the voicemail tab disappeared?! Is this a bug? Or has my carrier (T-Mobile USA) disabled it?....

Adviser
Message 126 of 142
Message 126 of 142

Don't suppose you can now choose a different ringtone for sim 2 can you?. I am in the UK and looking at the new samsung s8+ to see if I can get one from hong kong with dual sim that you can set ringtones for. Would stay with Sony as my phone after update works fine.

Adept
Message 127 of 142
Message 127 of 142

Ya, Xperia also have lot battery drain while "idle"

One time poster
Message 128 of 142
Message 128 of 142

Firmware 32.3.A.2.33 is so WRONG!so BUGGY!

A few days ago, my z5 received the Nougat update firmware 32.3.A.2.33.

Battery drained  Never experienced such a terrible situation with Lolipop and Marshmallow.

Day one, the phone idle eat up 20% of my battery

Day two,charged to 100% at 8:00 am, I was out meeting my friends, did not use much of the phone,  at noon there is only 30% left? Blue tooth drained 94% of my battery? 

Searched a bunch of forums, found these problems have already existed for quite a while!

NOT FIXED! What else can I expect?

I used to be a loyal sony boy, no matter what other people say, I will always go for a sony product.

I was planning to get a XZP , but after this , I think sony mobile is not trustworthy anymore.

Apprentice
Message 129 of 142
Message 129 of 142

@M11k wrote:

Been running the new 32.3.a.2.33 version a few days and guess what battery still dies in my pocket!! 

Contact Sony they say repair the phone using g a PC, even though i informed then i tried that several times. They said return it for a repair!! Should we all do that?

Took the phone off charge, went work left it in my pocket, and hey presto, half flat already

Screenshot_20170425-150014.png

Could it be that if you leave your phone in your pocket and leave it in a locker or something when you work, it has really bad reception? That also has proven to be a battery hog. Don't say you do but just checking and hoping to help you! 

Apprentice
Message 130 of 142
Message 130 of 142

Re: Firmware 32.3.A.2.33 is so WRONG!so BUGGY!

@SIRENEX wrote:

A few days ago, my z5 received the Nougat update firmware 32.3.A.2.33.

Battery drained  Never experienced such a terrible situation with Lolipop and Marshmallow.

Day one, the phone idle eat up 20% of my battery

Day two,charged to 100% at 8:00 am, I was out meeting my friends, did not use much of the phone,  at noon there is only 30% left? Blue tooth drained 94% of my battery? 

Searched a bunch of forums, found these problems have already existed for quite a while!

NOT FIXED! What else can I expect?

I used to be a loyal sony boy, no matter what other people say, I will always go for a sony product.

I was planning to get a XZP , but after this , I think sony mobile is not trustworthy anymore.

I would almost say "other phone, other problems" as it is mostly true. 

For BT drain issues I saw some suggestions for perhaps other problems, none the less: Remove all BT pairings of there are pre-nougat pairings and start fresh. Or do a compete wipe/repair. I know it. I start fresh to avoid as most problems anytime there is a major update (Android A.x to B.x) so I know. But it works.