account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Adviser
Message 111 of 142
Message 111 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Hong Kong firmware update still hasn't happened. I'm still on 6.0.1😔

Commissioner
Message 112 of 142
Message 112 of 142

Then it's good because Marshmallow is better than nougat

In Nougat there are lot of Issues

Battery drainage issue,heating issue,some software related issues etc

Apprentice
Message 113 of 142
Message 113 of 142

I read so many 'angry' and negative comments here about this update or Sony in general that I registred to post. 

I also updated to this firmware and for me it is the best version on my Z5c so far. None of all the above issues. Only a minor notification sound glitch. Some people will never buy a Sony phone again for that but that's just ignorant. Good luck to you with another vendors phone.

To all people with battery drain or other weird issues that really should not happen: Clear/format/repair your phone. Don't install a ton of crappy Apps (or Root/Xposed/mods) before you get a good battery drain/charge cycle or two done so the phone can 'learn' your battery. Get a feel for the battery drain and if it is unacceptable, have the phone replaced or repaired. When you are happy, install an App or two a day so you can potentially find Apps who drain your battery. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 114 of 142
Message 114 of 142

@eRVee_Moskovic wrote:

I read so many 'angry' and negative comments here about this update or Sony in general that I registred to post. 

I also updated to this firmware and for me it is the best version on my Z5c so far. None of all the above issues. Only a minor notification sound glitch. Some people will never buy a Sony phone again for that but that's just ignorant. Good luck to you with another vendors phone.

To all people with battery drain or other weird issues that really should not happen: Clear/format/repair your phone. Don't install a ton of crappy Apps (or Root/Xposed/mods) before you get a good battery drain/charge cycle or two done so the phone can 'learn' your battery. Get a feel for the battery drain and if it is unacceptable, have the phone replaced or repaired. When you are happy, install an App or two a day so you can potentially find Apps who drain your battery. 

hey dude, thanks to your help

I was able to successfully find out the app which caused the battery drain

It was named as Phone Idle :|

I deleted that and now I'm happy with my phone

but there is just a minor issue

my phone cant boot up Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 115 of 142
Message 115 of 142

Haha 😂 

Same here

Apprentice
Message 116 of 142
Message 116 of 142

Screenshot_20170423-112341.png

One time poster
Message 117 of 142
Message 117 of 142

last update 32.3.A.2.33 disappointing

Hi to all of you gentlemen

I've used sony mobile since Z2 up to Z5 Which i using right now

everything was Excellent until this update running

let me tell you about Disadvantages

1- When you raise the volume the cursor continues on the screen ?!! It does not auto disappear

2- When reviewing recent call you will not find a choice for messages also you must Touch the small icon to make a call it is so difficult.

3- Before with one click you can operate wireless or network, But with the new update you will click  several time to operate them?!! not direct

As a Sony user I love Sonny and I hope to develop them to easier & fast

not to complicated or indirect

i hope at the next update all these imperfection pass away

best regards,

Learner
Message 118 of 142
Message 118 of 142

It's available since some hours.

Apprentice
Message 119 of 142
Message 119 of 142

Re: last update 32.3.A.2.33 disappointing

@nice_man wrote:

1- When you raise the volume the cursor continues on the screen ?!! It does not auto disappear

2- When reviewing recent call you will not find a choice for messages also you must Touch the small icon to make a call it is so difficult.

3- Before with one click you can operate wireless or network, But with the new update you will click  several time to operate them?!! not direct

1- Not on my phone

2- Not true. Tap the name/number and it will slide out options like "send a message". If you find the small icon to small then that's just taste. I find it perfectly fine.

3- Partially true. When you swipe the notification bar once you can disable and enable Wi-Fi with one tap. When you double swipe the notification bar so it shows all quick tiles then yes. But then just don't do that. Make sure Wi-Fi is one of the first 5 tiles and you are good to go.

Apprentice
Message 120 of 142
Message 120 of 142

@stefanop wrote:

It's available since some hours.

It's available for longer than that. Are you referring to some localized version? Please quote correctly.