account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Enthusiast
Message 101 of 142
Message 101 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

guys i'm doing a software repair and xperia companion is stuck is this bad can i fix it by disconnecting the phone and re-doing the procedure ? 

Inhabitant
Message 102 of 142
Message 102 of 142

I found a way to fix it while Sony is just watching! Install MX player and it's codec Arm7 neon. Then open the app, Default setting is HW decoder , you should select SW decoder. And after that everything is fine

GOOD LUCK

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 103 of 142
Message 103 of 142

@Last-man wrote:

I found a way to fix it while Sony is just watching! Install MX player and it's codec Arm7 neon. Then open the app, Default setting is HW decoder , you should select SW decoder. And after that everything is fine

GOOD LUCK

Mobile devices are much slower than a normal PC. So playing a high-definition video using CPU would be a struggle. The SW decoder only uses CPU and software to play them. ... Manufacturers install multimedia chipsets to assist video decoding process specifically, so the H/W decoder is using these chipsets to play videos.

This means that our multimedia chipset is messed up.

One time poster
Message 104 of 142
Message 104 of 142

In-earphone not working anymore after the upate. Moreover, when I conducted the diagnostic test for the Loudspeaker and Ear Speaker it also failed.

Regular
Message 105 of 142
Message 105 of 142

I THINK my camera app is broken. Wouldn't take pictures no more. You hit the shutter, it freezes as if it was in permanent capture mode

ezy
Commissioner
Message 106 of 142
Message 106 of 142

where is the picture being saved?

if it is set for sd card, change the setting to the phone memory.  see if it will take and save the photo.

when that happened with my z1 it was because the SD card had died. (the SD card had a data protection mode, that meant data could be read but never written when it detected it was failing)

Adept
Message 107 of 142
Message 107 of 142

Really wish I hadn't bothered with this update. It's even worse than the last one. At least that didn't give me "System UI" not working errors, and crash on the camera app of all things. E6653 Z5 now completely useless. Thanks Sony. Appreciate it.

One time poster
Message 108 of 142
Message 108 of 142

We'll try to install the app saundabout and check there the wired headset option it should detect your headset or earphones I have the same issue too

Message 109 of 142
Message 109 of 142

Not a good update, Many problems persist.

Rookie
Message 110 of 142
Message 110 of 142

For all those with the battery drain issue.

Have you disabled the battery optimization option ?

(uner parameter>about>state>optimization of charge)

For me it solved the problem on the french 32.3.A.0.376 rom !!