account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Sage
Message 71 of 142
Message 71 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Does anyone still facing problems while connecting to the car's handsfree set? I have a Peugeot 2008.

Adviser
Message 72 of 142
Message 72 of 142

Come on. Its not really a big problem.

I mean it looks better without the names in the dock. Try other apk for xperia home.

Google Playstore got also new today vers. 7.7.09

Your problem is not a Nougatproblem. Its an appproblem. If you have other problems with your device then you could try to

backup and make a clean install of a customized version via flashtool. Its much work and you need plenty of time. But i did it lollipop to marshmallow. Since this change my device works well.

Good luck

Adviser
Message 73 of 142
Message 73 of 142

Delete your pairing on your phone.

Delete your car out of the bluetoothconnectionlist of your phone.

In your car you have also delete your phone and pairing

Install it like the very first time afterwards.

I made it and it works.

Handsfree in car

Smartwatch

etc.

I dont know why but it works

Enthusiast
Message 74 of 142
Message 74 of 142

@GIJoe3975 wrote:

Come on. Its not really a big problem.

I mean it looks better without the names in the dock. Try other apk for xperia home.

Google Playstore got also new today vers. 7.7.09

Your problem is not a Nougatproblem. Its an appproblem. If you have other problems with your device then you could try to

backup and make a clean install of a customized version via flashtool. Its much work and you need plenty of time. But i did it lollipop to marshmallow. Since this change my device works well.

Good luck

I know it's not really a big problem and it only happens when I restart the phone or change the theme but still it's annoying and this is happening just with the last update from yesterday because this didn't happen before. I don't have the technical expertise to use complicated tools so I'll leave it like this. 

Things like these are why people are not buying Sony smartphones anymore. Too many bugs after the updates.

Inhabitant
Message 75 of 142
Message 75 of 142

@ed8907 wrote:

@GIJoe3975 wrote:

It seems there are no links allowed.

Open your browser.

Google search

Xperia Home apk.

Open  Apkmirror homepage.

Scroll down and select the version you like.

Download and install.

I made a restart.

Then it was ok. There were no longer problems.

Thanks

Why can't Sony update Xperia home (and other apps) through Google Play Store?

I found a lot of system apps that can be updated through APK Mirror.

I updated it and the problem still persists.Slightly frowning Face

Because SONY don't upload virus but APK Mirror do.

He guided me through the same way

But as an android developer I advise you to never ever Install anything from third party sites or markets.

Be sure that there is no place better for Sony to put the software updates other than ▶ google play  .

The fact that your problem still persists is that you have not updated your home but installed a modified apk. Higher version number doesn't mean it's an update.

You won't believe how easy it is to decompile an apk, modify and recompile it back, so always update your apps through Google Play Store and wait for official updates from Sony . 

Sage
Message 76 of 142
Message 76 of 142

Thanks!

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 142
Message 77 of 142

@Mehrdad_Ataee wrote:

@ed8907 wrote:

@GIJoe3975 wrote:

Open your browser.

Google search

Xperia Home apk.

Download and install.

I made a restart.

Thanks

But as an android developer I advise you to never ever Install anything from third party sites or markets.

Be sure that there is no place better for Sony to put the software updates other than ▶ google play  .

The fact that your problem still persists is that you have not updated your home but installed a modified apk. Higher version number doesn't mean it's an update.

You won't believe how easy it is to decompile an apk, modify and recompile it back, so always update your apps through Google Play Store and wait for official updates from Sony . 

I also try to avoid third-party updates but I got tired of Sony not updating anything and not caring about customers. No themes, home app or other apps are ever updated. I can no longer recommend Sony to any of my friends even If I would like to.

The home app is a new version because I have the "Grid" option but still it's annoying.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 78 of 142
Message 78 of 142

@ed8907 wrote:

@Mehrdad_Ataee wrote:

@ed8907 wrote:

@GIJoe3975 wrote:

Open your browser.

Google search

Xperia Home apk.

Download and install.

I made a restart.

Thanks

I also try to avoid third-party updates but I got tired of Sony not updating anything and not caring about customers. No themes, home app or other apps are ever updated. I can no longer recommend Sony to any of my friends even If I would like to.

The home app is a new version because I have the "Grid" option but still it's annoying.

Then just like me, instead of that you can use an official launcher from Google play, I'm seriously tiered of Sony launcher and theme aswell, it's simple, dead, and without any special feature.

My brother S7 edge design is so vivid, brisk and full of features. I'll never buy a Sony Again. Currently it's a simple nexus in ui and a bugfully handset.

I'm using ZenUI launcher from Asus i guess. It's fast, polished and has plenty of cool features. 

Inhabitant
Message 79 of 142
Message 79 of 142

After updating i have ringtone volume issue...its volume is weaker than alarm or notifications and when ringing the speaker output is imbalanced with front speaker being weaker than bottom speaker...i also have problems with dialpad which is as loud as my ringtone when i press the dialpad button...anyone have a solution for this? Thx before

Regular
Message 80 of 142
Message 80 of 142

My phone is dewstroyed after this update, cpu load is 60% all the time after the update cpu temp 80 C minimum while idle, battery falls down every second. once again a herendous update my phone is ruined, cant believe that for 1,5 years my purchase is so baad, feel so bad spending money for  a premium phone, and i got a cheap bachelor thesis testing device, because thats how it feels. All 4 little cores are maxed, and cpu usage is floating around 60-90%. I have factory reset 6 times on this phone, each time with new bugs to greet me. So nice! Sony in Greece are the most hypocritical people i have ever met, the only thing they know is, Visit the tech support team (which takes weeks if not months to do anything to your phone, and you are left with no device). Oh and, no the volume error is indeed fixed, but bottom speaker still sounds like a 5 dollar speaker, guess its hard to fix an amp, that was already working, and got ruined on an update, not a rollback, an update