account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Inhabitant
Message 51 of 142
Message 51 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

@GIJoe3975 wrote:

I have no problems with my Z 5 (E6653).

Speakers and Sound or Ringtone working perfect.

Wired Headphone ok.

Album ok.

Camera is better than in Marshmallow or Lollipop.

No Problems with Bluetooth.

I had to delete all Connections and Pairings. Then i installed all Connections new. All pairings also new.

Esspecially for smartwatch 3 and my car (hifi and phone) i had to install it like the very first time. Then it was perfect.

I wrote an article above for this (smartwatch).

The one and only miniproblem is when iam using internet. Batterypower -30% in an hour.

Otherwise Nougat works fine and the new functions a really great and usefull.

I'm using the premium but maybe reflashing a different region rom will help, so

What is your Rom region? 

I mean, is it US / Europe / Middle-East / etc...

Thanks

Message 52 of 142
Message 52 of 142

On my z5 premium screen stays black after choosing 4k app in camera , anyone else have this problem?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 53 of 142
Message 53 of 142

@Xperiaman007 wrote:

On my z5 premium screen stays black after choosing 4k app in camera , anyone else have this problem?

No, I don't have this problem. 

Have you granted all needed permissions to the 4k app?

Message 54 of 142
Message 54 of 142

All permisions granted,  i fresh installed update its strange because i read on xda that its not only me more People have this problem 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 55 of 142
Message 55 of 142

If you have any old firmware images lying around, remove your SIM and flash back to Lollipop and then Straight to 32.3.A.2.33. Don't forget to remove any google accounts first.

When you first boot 32.3.A.2.33, Go and restrict data for any User apps you want.

You can restrict data Sony System Apps without major consequence:

Backup

Support

Tips

What's new

Lounge

Album

Music

Weather

Runtime Skin

Smart connect

Mirrorlink

Visible Google Apps can get disabled + data, everything except:

Play Store

Google

Maps

Drive

Other Uninstalled/disable:

File commander

Office suite

Facebook

Kobo

Amazon

Cracker

Avg

Don't restrict permissions just yet. Open every app you can. Change any settings you can.

Close the apps. Shutdown using Hold Power + Volume Up.

Insert SIM

For an E5823, you can get close to 5 days standby

attachment.php.png Screenshot_20170404-095528.png

..and make sure you're usage data page looks something like that

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Apprentice
Message 56 of 142
Message 56 of 142

I've installed this latest update and so far I've found my phone to be more responsive however, it does still have the issue where Android system randomly causes full battery drain within an hour or two. 

The bluetooth connectivity with audio devices seems to work better but I'm still testing that. I was able to use pause/next/play/previous via my bluetooth device where I previously couldn't.

Adviser
Message 57 of 142
Message 57 of 142

After using this new update on my Z5 for a few days, I have noticed a few things:

- phone feels a bit faster, no random shuttering from the previous update.

- Camera launch and capture speed is faster

- Bluetooth issues appear to be fixed as I haven’t had any problems connecting and playing Spotify over android auto.

- Like others, the phone log is still laggy when scrolling. 

- And still have the infamous phone idle battery drain.

I found a forum post awhile back about Nexus users having problems with phone idle. Some recommended disabling location services.  I am experimenting with this and see how it goes. 

Screenshot_20170403-213024.png

ezy
Commissioner
Message 58 of 142
Message 58 of 142

Do we think the network customised versions will roll out   32.3.a.2.33 ? 

it's been a few days and there only seems to have been a few country specific editions.

many networks ignored 32.3.a.0.378  (did it advance the security patches?)  and were (rightly) slow to roll out the buggy release of 32.3.A.0.376 (which my EE phone is still on).

with annoying battery drain, completely useless wifi (doesnt hold a signal, doesnt refresh when moving between places even if you click refresh!), wifi calling being iffy,  nfc services error randomly occuring, missed calls/sms/data based messages due to phone not being connected like it says it is) i want to repair/clean install but i dont want to put 32.3.a.0.376  if it is about to be replaced... but i dont want to find it never is and i have suffered a glitchy unstable phone even longer.  

ezy
Commissioner
Message 59 of 142
Message 59 of 142

well i am software repairing via xperia companion...  it's 32.2.a.5.11.r9c still... even though it had updated to something called 32.3.A.0.376 via the same pc software a month ago.

Adviser
Message 60 of 142
Message 60 of 142

Its Europe R5D customized