account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

Adviser
Message 41 of 142
Message 41 of 142

Re: new firmware 32.3.A.2.33 any details?

I had same problems. Ive updated it. It works perfect. No virus ore something else. Ive installed avast antivirus for android on my phone. Believe it or leave it. Since 2007 i use Smartphones. No virus or trojans or worms. Nothing happend. The Albumapp is original. It works perfect.

Inhabitant
Message 42 of 142
Message 42 of 142

i am really fed up with this update....it still doesn't bring any significant fix at all....

this phone ringtone problem still persists....its loudness is still weaker than its alarm ringtone and its speaker is still unbalanced when i try to hear its sound... i still can't even use increasing ringtone option to increase my ringtone volume...

dialpad tone is still loud as **bleep** compared with when i was still at android 6.0...

i absolutely don't know what inside sony developer's mind is and i can't understand why they give a half hearted update like this to my xperia Z5 but i am pretty sure xperia Z5 is absolutely abandoned now....i guess this is the right time to root my phone and fix all of the problem  myself

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 43 of 142
Message 43 of 142

It fixed my bottom speaker: the volume is back to normal now.

Z5 Dual.

One time poster
Message 44 of 142
Message 44 of 142

Problem with microphone no fixed. Nobody heats me well,  when I call someone.  Very poor sensitivity of the mic. Even after I changed it to high in options.  Hey, Sony, what are you doing to ur phones?? Don't make me regret... 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 45 of 142
Message 45 of 142

Going from 32.3.A.0.376, it will be a 200 MB (roughly) update.

It includes the 01 MARCH 2017 Security update from Google.

There were changes to API for Android 6.0 (23) M, and also Android 7.0 (24) N, which changes the way things access the system databases.

If your device is over heating, it's very likely, that there are process' trying to access subsystems that they are being knocked back from accessing, so  they just keep repeating this.

This is mainly Google's fault, but it's made for patching security loopholes... so you decide:

Do you want a more secure device? With a little lag between fixing OEM bugs and patch release?

Or, do you want an Older Software version?

IMO if you keep your phone stock, non-customised, it's very secure on older stuff...

They are just more about zero-day, or having nasty people like me packet sniff modified phones in Food Courts.

I'm still trying to figure out the Bluetooth Problems - because there are configuration files that are missing from the root firmware folders for Bluetooth

EDIT: There was a small incident over the weekend where I lost my IMEI trying to figure stuff out, which meant I had to revert to Lollipop, to retrieve my original info. I did the rollback to 32.0.A.6.185 then went straight to 33.3.A.2.33 and it was the first time I saw "Andy" during boot up.

Spoiler

Not like this anymore:

image-2_zps0de7d136

Just imagine a 3D Andy, by himself, with a Loading Bar  where your Softkeys are on your display
android-5-lollipop-2

If I find a better photo, I'll post it

Edit: Those are still there, I just found them

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Adviser
Message 46 of 142
Message 46 of 142

Cant view image

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 47 of 142
Message 47 of 142

I've got some videos showing what happens as an example:

https://github.com/NeoBeum/Talk.SonyMobile.Support/blob/master/ScreenRecord_2017-04-02-11-14-31.mp4

https://github.com/NeoBeum/Talk.SonyMobile.Support/blob/master/ScreenRecord_2017-04-03-13-48-10.mp4

One is the problem with Bluetooth directory, the video shows Received, but the problem can be translated to the file transfers for Send - if the pending Send files are lost - Bluetooth has a fit.

The other shows a root process trying to access connected USB drive, but normal users won't see it, because File Commander doesn't have Root Access

@Hoardseeker wrote:

Cant view image

@Hoardseeker

Don't worry, the old FOTA images are still there, I found them, I must have seen another loading screen

http://i.imgur.com/a/ycvD5.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 142
Message 48 of 142

yeah im finding the album (latest version from play store) does take like 10 or more seconds to show the image properly.

i've also found that once or twice the screen didnt turn on/show an incoming call.

Adviser
Message 49 of 142
Message 49 of 142

I have no problems with my Z 5 (E6653).

Speakers and Sound or Ringtone working perfect.

Wired Headphone ok.

Album ok.

Camera is better than in Marshmallow or Lollipop.

No Problems with Bluetooth.

I had to delete all Connections and Pairings. Then i installed all Connections new. All pairings also new.

Esspecially for smartwatch 3 and my car (hifi and phone) i had to install it like the very first time. Then it was perfect.

I wrote an article above for this (smartwatch).

The one and only miniproblem is when iam using internet. Batterypower -30% in an hour.

Otherwise Nougat works fine and the new functions a really great and usefull.

One time poster
Message 50 of 142
Message 50 of 142

Trying to update and getting this error.

Can anyone help please?

z5.PNG