account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

high temperature Z5

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

high temperature Z5

I am just a new owner of Z5 and new to Sony mobile.

I use video effect and quicly the phone warring me about the high temperature.

then I can not use the camera.

also when there are more tasks in parralell I found that Z5 receive high temperture

I must say I have no idea what to do ?

I found 3 problems

1. Temperture

2. Battery - is not strong enough

3. when there is direct sun even on dashborad in the car it is not easy to see the maps

Ithe other features are very good

for example One plus 2 is very cold and use CPU 810

what to do ????

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: high temperature Z5

Right on all counts. Heh. The high temp of the phone is ridiculous on my Z5 compact. It's true with direct sunlight, you see some geometric screen grid under the glass, I've never seen that with my Galaxy Note 3. My battery life is not at all 2 days, not even with return of stamina mode (which ruins the UX of the device, in my opinion).  You could sell the phone and try something else. Something without the Snapdragon 810.  Heh. However, I'm sticking with the phone because I like its style and it still works for the most part.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I own the Sony z5 Double SIM card I am suffering from high temperature and inefficient battery what is the solution؟
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

The grid on the screen is the digitizer layout, you don't see it on amoled screens

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

thanks a lot for your answer.

I am very sad to discover that I am not a lone.

I can not undertand Sony team, how they can relase Z5 with CPU 810 that can be hit in highe temperture,

may they should reduce the clock of the CPU by patch (software or recall)

I am new to SONY smartphone but without soulation, next one will be not SONY

I am owner of sevral sony products and I am very satisfied from them but I am not satisfied from Z5.

we will see what to do ?

thanks a lot for all answers.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Unfortunately there isn't much to be done about the high temperature. It's dissapointing, I know.

If someone tells you that you need to get your device checked because "it's not normal" or that you need to reset your device (or repair via PC Companion), don't listen to them.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

This is just sad. Slightly frowning Face
I never had a phone other than Sony or Sony Ericsson. now, I don't think I'm gonna get a phone from sony next time. 
they're messing up. I hope Sony Ericsson returns.

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi 

I have Sony Xperia z 5 premium dual 

I am also have same problems,,  when I use the video recording in camera or using YouTube it will alert me your mobile hight temperature 

And when I use the mobile under the sun I can see any thing 

And now a days after last update my Bluetooth device is Always keep turn on by them self??