account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup & restore app doesn't work properly - stuck

Adviser
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: backup & restore app doesn't work properly - stuck

I upgrade to 32.3.A.2.23. I still cannot backup my phone either on my SD card or on my Google account.
One time poster
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

I managed to perform a full manual backup on my SD card after restarting in safe mode. Got a feeling backup failed and hanged at 50% due to a lack of memory in normal mode. Will try on a USB drive soon...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Also now on 7.0 with Backup & Restore app 1.2.A.1.16 many times happens that Backuping is interrupted and app says something like: "unable to back up, sd card is full" even there's over 8 GB of free space and i DO NOT back up apps. To force it to work I have to perform manual backup and then it works fine for few days and here we go again...

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Apprentice
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

By some reason the clip has been removed

mrnino wrote:

Here's video with isse:

https://youtu.be/wKUzcY2T5Gc

Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

I update my phone to Nougat 7.0 , 7.1, I downgraded to 6.0, 5.1, I cannot do backup, it stucks at 50% on every firmware. Also I got the problem with lagging camera when trying to do video no matter it is saved on SD or internal. The guarantee information is not available on none of the firmwares.

So, I guess it is physical problem wich reflects in software. It was running ok on Nougat 7.0 but I did an reflash to a custom available in flash tool Emma. And then the p[roblems began (also the problem with phone idle consuming battery as the second consumer)

Adviser
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

Neither with 32.4.A.0.160... I don't know what Sony is doing... Very disappointing
Adviser
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

I upgrade to 32.4.A.1.54. I still cannot backup my phone either on my SD card or on my Google account.
Visitor
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

Two possible solutions using phone manual backup:

1. Selective backups (ex: unselect application)

2. Force quit as many unessential running apps including system then manual backup application. (not sure which app causing it)

This works for me at the moment, good luck!