account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

ads pop up when unlocking the phone

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

ads pop up when unlocking the phone

ad pop up every time i open my lock plz help to solve this problem everytime i lock my phone n re lock it ad pop up help needed soon as posible 

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: ad pop up

Hi @strangervastu, welcome to our forum!

I'm sorry to hear about that, must be very irritating. Slightly frowning Face

Is this something that has started to occur recently? If it is do you remember if you installed a new application or updated the software in your phone just prior to this?

It does sound like it's related to a third party application since I have not experienced such a behaviour myself. I'd recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode. In safe mode all applications that you have downloaded and installed on your own will not be loaded.

Do you experience the same behaviour when unlocking your phone while it's rebooted in safe mode?

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I also have this problem tried safe mode but it didn't help how do I check third party apps? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Liams, sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Do these ads appear when you are unlocking your phone as well or do you see them when you are using a certain application or website?

If it does occur while the phone is rebooted in safe mode, these ads are not coming from a third party application.

Please get back to me where these ads appear and I will do my best to assist you! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: ads pop up when unlocking the phone

ewww

ads

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Sounds like it's a booster app 

If you have a phone cleaner app delete and check if the ads persist

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Dex9mm,

That is correct, there are a lot of booster / improve performance applications in the Google Play store that does not really do anything apart from cleaning cache data from applications. Most of them also have very annoying ads that will pop up when unlocking the device or when doing other things with the device.

Thank you helping out and have a great day! Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Same issue..  My Popup appears to come from Sony. Its something to the effect of

"New Filter Coming Soon..... 4.5 million people love it"

By no means is that the exact wording but very close... Its super annoying and a  sounder always accompanies it..  Ive never clicked on it. It bugs the crap out of me.. Essentially it launches every time i pick up my phone to do anything.  Any ideas?

Idk how to launch safe mode.. Purchased this L1 to tide me over til i could afford the top o the line sony and to get comfortable with a Sony phone. Im sad to say im not nearly as impressed as i believed i would be. I hope its just bc i bought their low end phone. The keyboard  Is absolutely maddening... The keys area off.. Everytime u push spacebar it types a period. Doesnt matter how far to the left on the spacebar i tap.. Heres a sample:

I wish.. mymsonymphonehadpa keyboard that worked so iido t ha e.  To. Fix. Everything i  TypeT.T iihitithe period. And itityped T's.. I want totlove my new phone and sing its praises butit simply  DoesntDperform as it should..

Appreciate any help suggestions. AdviceA ii canc get..  I had a galaxy before andaiicould wizwthruwthat kbkwithoutka. Single error. .

ThankTu (the T is 2spaces2from2the U and iti stills typed thetwro g  LetterL)  its not evene consistentc with its incorrect typingt

Ty... Liz

Also taking videos is. Not an option... EvenEifEiEturnE. Volume downdalldthe wayw.. Theres a. VERYVloudV. HISS thattprevetts you from hearing youry video's audio. I was recordi g a mockinbird the otheroday.  WNted to llay. It for  My mom... All wewheard was HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS barely. CouldheartheCmockingbird at  All.