account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 781 of 838
Message 781 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Those photos are perceptibly less sharp at the edges/corners than in the centre when viewed at full size. I see the same problem with images shot on my Z5C. Here's an ivy hedge shot square on - compare the centre with the corners:

2016-03-25 16.53.44.jpg

Message 782 of 838
Message 782 of 838

<blockquote><hr>frankm87 wrote:<br>The disneyland pic with the grey sky has it.<br>Look at the bottom left, white umbrella oozing on the right. Look at the rocky pink chimney, central, extreme left. The left of the chimney has oozing. The left of the two chimney tops, the darker one, also exhibits some haloing.<br>And these pics are 4:3, not 16:9. More blur always shows up as you go outwards.<br><br>halo / chromatic aberrations will show up. They just will.<hr></blockquote>
<p>I see that, but are we really getting to <em>that</em> point now? The original (and imo valid) problem was very, very obvious with no real need for zooming at all. If a comparison was made with those camera shots at the thread start, I guarantee those with the real issue would swap in an instant.</p>
<p>Fact of life, wide angle lenses cause corner distortion and with that, some chromatic aberrations too, but when you look at some images coming off users in this thread, i would think it's fair to say this one does not have the left blur issue.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 783 of 838
Message 783 of 838

What a mess that turned out lmao

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Message 784 of 838
Message 784 of 838

If you compare mine and others recent pics in this thread to these, it becomes instant to spot the problem.

DSC_0026-2.JPG20160413_145746.jpg

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 785 of 838
Message 785 of 838

Could someone point me to a link that shows perfect Photo taken from any z5 Family without a bit of blur?

l don't think it exist..there will always be a bit blur on left and right like @ Viridis photo's.

Inhabitant
Message 786 of 838
Message 786 of 838

@viridis have you tried to take SIMILAR shots ?
There are a few *Fake* Z5 shots in this thread, too. OK, they are rare,admittedly. fake, because there is 0 (zero) halo /bleeding /blur.
Yours are real but are 4:3.
16:9 + trees + sky = good test
Message 787 of 838
Message 787 of 838

Not many 16:9 as I prefer the option to crop as needed whilst retaining as many pixels as possible.

I did take one or two tho.

DSC_2584.JPG

DSC_2620.JPGDSC_2593.JPG

Inhabitant
Message 788 of 838
Message 788 of 838

@viridis what was your focus mode in these pictures? All the places are focused! When I focus on somethings other objects are not that much clear in photo.
Message 789 of 838
Message 789 of 838

Focus: multi auto focus or single auto focus
Metering: usually centre, but I think I used multi a lot on this holiday to prevent blown lighter areas.

In fact I believe the top two were superior auto @8mp
The exif data should still be on them as they were direct upload on here from phone.

Inhabitant
Message 790 of 838
Message 790 of 838

The trees have blur on the top left corner, 3rd pic. not much though.
I Wonder why I still believe pic quality here is very circumstantial, or you are incredibly lucky with your device where perfect lens centering evenly spreads the blur on all sides.
To be honest. I am still suspicious. The side where I have no problem with on my pictures does exhibit blur, and this, at least as much as your trees in the top left corner. So your 'optically weak ' side is as good as my optically strong side. This doesn't make sense: this would mean your lens is just not better centered, it is plainly better down to the way it has been manufactured. This, is weird. Unlikely to happen.
Either you crop, or pic quality still circumstantial (I have many perfect pics too as many people here). You're not hunting the defect hard enough Winking Face