account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 661 of 838
Message 661 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I just hope it's a software issue. I'm gonna post some landscape shots this week to see if your blur problem also occurs with my unit. Horizontal shots are quite good in good lighting actually...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 662 of 838
Message 662 of 838

@Razorig2 can you post some photo from your repair z5?just to have a look..
Learner
Message 663 of 838
Message 663 of 838

Really sorry for all the users who have these problems. This is so obviously a hardware problem (calculation, qualitiy or placement of the lenses) that there is no hope Sony will every fix this with software. You can't restore image informations in digital that you lost in the optical world, at least not with the power of a smartphone.

I just hope Sony will replace the lenses on the next Z line, perhaps move a little backwards to 26mm or 28mm. They probably wanted to do something good by offering a more wide angle lense, but you can't stretch physics too far. 

Message 664 of 838
Message 664 of 838

Well my premium got back from Anovo repair centre and:
The blur is now on the right but not left (it's like the lens array was simply rotated)
There is a hair under the lens glass cover
The chassis near the camera button is dented inwards and bulges slightly to the rear.

But hey, at least the left isn't blurry now!!!!

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 665 of 838
Message 665 of 838

Here are two horizontal shots with my Z5 compact. The one of the book was with the flash on in a room with dimmed light and the other was in the train with normal lighting without flash.
I can't notice any blur with the normal light pic but there is some blur on the right of the book (even though this was a difficult scene since the page was a bit bent).

http://imgur.com/Sk2iiar
http://imgur.com/Sk2iiar
Adviser
Message 666 of 838
Message 666 of 838

Why can't I edit posts here? I copied the wrong link, here's the right one of the second pic

http://i.imgur.com/nWGk7YS.jpg
Talent
Message 667 of 838
Message 667 of 838

I have this evening received an email from Sony Mobile UK and the matter has been settled out of court. This is despite myself literally submitting the paperwork to Glasgow Sheriff Court this afternoon. I emailed the UK Customer Service Director yesterday evening informing him that despite the 28 day period lapsing and not receiving any response from Sony Mobile UK in response to my Letter Before Action that I intended to pursue the matter through the courts and this evening I finally got a response.

I am sure you will appreciate that despite not being bound to a confidentiality agreement, that it would be unfair of me to disclose any details of the settlement. However, what I will say is that the settlement is enough to make me withdraw my action and bring the matter to a close. On a slightly sad note though, this will be it for my relationship with Sony Mobile. I am going back to Samsung or Apple. I may come back to Sony in the future, but I will wait quite some time before choosing any new Sony Mobile product to avoid situations like this in the future.

Whilst this may not be the settlement people will be looking for, I would be absolutely stupid to pursue this further. My advice to any that is experiencing the same issue as ourselves is to pursue it. Pressure Sony Mobile whther that be in the UK or any other territory. Stand your ground with them and do not be afraid to take on a company like Sony Mobile. Use your consumer laws that are available in your country/territory/EU and stick to them.

People in the UK if you need any help or advice then feel free to send me a PM and I will gladly help you.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Talent
Message 668 of 838
Message 668 of 838

K, Bye!
Talent
Message 669 of 838
Message 669 of 838

@bubimir13 wrote:
K, Bye!

Re-read my post above. I'll still be about to take Sony Mobile to account if people need to.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Inhabitant
Message 670 of 838
Message 670 of 838

CerberusSco

Glad you are happy now. 

Can you tell us in the next few days/weeks which Apple or Samsung device you are going to buy?

I carefully followed what you wrote in this forum, and I know (and I think we all know) you did like your Z5, despite its camera producing blurry images. I'd be curious to know which device you finally acquire and your impressions, as there will be pros and cons compared to the Z5.

Regards.