account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 521 of 838
Message 521 of 838

Re: z5 camera issues

Could you elaborate a bit more so I can test it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 522 of 838
Message 522 of 838

Screenshot_2015-12-26-13-29-14.png

I was just recording a video normally. i think it happens when i flip the mobile with the auto-rotate on.

Screenshot_2015-12-26-13-29-49.png

Emperor
Message 523 of 838
Message 523 of 838

@msoafroes

I can't see the pictures until they are approved by a moderator. You could upload them to box or dropbox or drive and post the link here

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 524 of 838
Message 524 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Why cant get deasent macro  pictures ? My old nokia N8 take a lot better ones.

I bought this camera for macro pictures for and spend 600euros for nothing?  I am very disapointted and try to return my phone back but assume that it dont work. Sony send again and again new mobile. so i must use my old Nokia N8 or buy Lumia for better camera.

This very badly Slightly frowning Face I am very disapointed on my first Sony and last.

Adviser
Message 525 of 838
Message 525 of 838

Got it from Amazon: Z5Compact, production week 40.

Will try to repait via amazon and keep you informed.

BTW: even with bad weather its also good to use monitor (as it has uniform light) with small font to check (see 3rd picture with 4 corners and middle)

DSC_0019eeeeeee_marked_s.jpgDSC_0019eeeeeee_com5.jpg

DSC_0009eeeee2_4edges_white.jpg 

Learner
Message 526 of 838
Message 526 of 838

Sony, your Z5 have the worst camera of all smartphones. I am disappointed.

One time poster
Message 527 of 838
Message 527 of 838

Z5 images horribly distorted

I also have the "left side blurry problem" on my Z5, and the camera is so far the worst of all the phones I have (Samsung GS5, Nexus 5X, iPhone).

Due to the very wide angle, the corners are horribly distorted. A picture of a spherical ball makes it look like a silly oval if the ball is in the corner.

Sony Xperia Z5 Egg.jpg

More pictures of the distortion at http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/general/whats-horrible-camera-distortion-corners-t3270591

Adviser
Message 528 of 838
Message 528 of 838

Re: Z5 images horribly distorted

The thing with wide angle and high resolution of the sensor is actually good - if one needs wide angle (e.g. for outdoor photographs) it is usable for the phone -with distortions taken into account- as for correcting distortions optically, the lensh should be much more bigger and won't fit in the phone. And for regular photos, if the distortion bother you -  just use zoom. I mean serios- the most photographs people shoot are photographed way too far from the object -  some photography gurus even say that its wise to make additional 1-2 steps towards object before making the photograph. 

Commissioner
Message 529 of 838
Message 529 of 838

Re: Z5 images horribly distorted

Distortion is quite "normal" for spherical lens... And the lenses aren't human's eye, We also use spherical imaging of the world but other "glitches" are corrected inside brain, producers should think about making square lens to correct things, but that would make the image thinner, relation in it is also bout lenses size, It's very possible in Z5 to see bigger distorsion in corners than other - smaller lens phones.
Even in past Z1 and Z2 had corner distorsion and spherical-like imagening of random straights, so it's a thing to accept as "that's the way it should be, it always was."

DSC_8550[1].JPG

DSC_8552[1].JPG

DSC_8553[1].JPG

DSC_8550.JPG

DSC_8553.JPG

The corners of photo are placed on the sides of the lenses sphere, so the sphere bends the light and affects object's geometry as any sphere would.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 530 of 838
Message 530 of 838

Anyone tried to make a Sweep Panorama photo..??

l tried personally(Z5 PREMIUM),it's ridiculous!!..the whole picture is blurry!!

l'm really dissapointed,l miss my z2..