account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 491 of 838
Message 491 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

What do you think, is pictures blurry on the left side?
More noticeable is In the 16:9 format, in the 4:3 is less, but still.
Z5 Compact, Black, rev.2, last firmware.

FULL RESOLUTION IMAGES: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2w909d0ch095gh/AABeDdyZKxRJVsUbvpGXPzKba?dl=0

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Talent
Message 492 of 838
Message 492 of 838

Great, seems my posts are disappearing now! 2 posts I've made and they have both disappeared. What gives?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Adviser
Message 493 of 838
Message 493 of 838

nyono,
look my link.
https://yadi.sk/d/a4l1neSWmDozN
Learner
Message 494 of 838
Message 494 of 838

@id4vs,

Thank you for the link.

For the text photo, did you take in 16:9 or 4:3? I'm trying to compare side by side and the dimensions are different.

Talent
Message 495 of 838
Message 495 of 838

I've just been having a chat with a professional photographer and she has given her opinion regarding this issue. I only mention that as I am currently collating evidence and building my case up against Sony Mobile should the matter proceed to court.

She has recommended to try and measue how much blur is occuring. It's all good and well taking photographs outdoors and looking at it that way, but an actual measurement would be quite handy. She has suggested the following:

12394254_10204223426025363_1912300712_o.jpg

1. You need to print the above Resolution Chart out as large as you can and stick it on a flat wall
  2. Then place the camera as square to it as possible and take a picture. You want the image to fill the viewfinder with each corner the same distance from the camera.
  3. Try to get plenty of light on it but don't use the camera flash or light
  4. This is a link to a Google Image Search so you can download the image directly from there and print it off. This is a good one to use on FLICKR
  5. A3 size might be the way to go.
  6. Don't zoom in to make it fit
  7. It needs to fill the frame if possible as it will be the edges that are more likely to be blurred. You need the get the camera exactly in the middle with the chart square in the frame.

Do the above and post the results. If you don't have a printer at home, then drop by an internet cafe or library and ask them to print off an A3 copy. Then post the results.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Adviser
Message 496 of 838
Message 496 of 838

@nyono wrote:

@id4vs,

Thank you for the link.

For the text photo, did you take in 16:9 or 4:3? I'm trying to compare side by side and the dimensions are different.

4:3

My photo is blur, but it is only in the corners. Overall this is the best that I could find. Rev.1 - 15W44

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 497 of 838
Message 497 of 838

Hello @CerberusSco,

Please can you check the link,l have uploaded some photo according to the Resolution Chart,but l don't know if l have done it right..

https://dropbox.com/sh/qi61nw3x4oh90nz/AAD-mTDmy7YM6NJjeA3zdVMfa?dl=0

Talent
Message 498 of 838
Message 498 of 838

@Dodo1515 wrote:

Hello @@CerberusSco,

Please can you check the link,l have uploaded some photo according to the Resolution Chart,but l don't know if l have done it right..

https://dropbox.com/sh/qi61nw3x4oh90nz/AAD-mTDmy7YM6NJjeA3zdVMfa?dl=0

Not 100% right. However, you can definitely see the blur more clearly and it looks quite bad to me.

Image 5 is probably the best shot to use.

Adviser
Message 499 of 838
Message 499 of 838

well, in my eyes, it doesnt seem has the blur issue, 

Talent
Message 500 of 838
Message 500 of 838

@Flix wrote:

well, in my eyes, it doesnt seem has the blur issue, 

Completely disagree. Look at the top left corner of the 5th image in that album. In fact look at the top left corner of all the images. If you're still not seeing it then I suggest seeing an optician. It's as clear as day to me.