account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 441 of 838
Message 441 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Talent
Message 442 of 838
Message 442 of 838

@Dodo1515 wrote:
Is this true?check this link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/general/sony-mobile-problems-camera-z5-family-t3262292

That's the first I've heard of it. Not saying it is true, but unless ANYTHING OFFICIAL is released by Sony Mobile, then I would take with a pinch of salt for the time being.

Not Official

Information sent to services

Reading through that users post's would suggest that he works in a repair centre and this has been the official line from Sony to those centres. However, the wider, general public may not get any confirmation regarding this. I am emailing the UK Customer Service Director this morning, to see if this can be clarified.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 443 of 838
Message 443 of 838

I had a look at the bell picture. That blur is a shallow depth of field caused by the focus on the object closer to the lens at a large aperture. Perfectly normal on any camera. Try taking a picure of objects placed on the same plane (placed at the same distance from the lens)

Inhabitant
Message 444 of 838
Message 444 of 838

This is interesting news but not enough for me to send mine in for repair.

All the letter says is that if a faulty device is senmt for repair it should get repaired. Well, yeah, that's the whole purpose of warranty. But the good thing is that Sony is mentioning the problem.

I will send mine in for repair when Sony has a fix for the problem. As it is now, there is a huge risk that I get another faulty camera module since I don't trust that it will be tested enough after a reapir before beeing sent back to me. Hopefully we will get reports that users get their phone back and that the issue is solved.

Talent
Message 445 of 838
Message 445 of 838

Lunkobelix wrote: 

All the letter says is that if a faulty device is senmt for repair it should get repaired. Well, yeah, that's the whole purpose of warranty. But the good thing is that Sony is mentioning the problem.

This is subjective. As far as we're concerned Sony HAS NOT MENTIONED OR ACKNOWLEDGED the problem. Are we to believe the word of someone on a forum who apparently works for a service centre?

@Lunkobelix wrote:

I will send mine in for repair when Sony has a fix for the problem. As it is now, there is a huge risk that I get another faulty camera module since I don't trust that it will be tested enough after a reapir before beeing sent back to me. Hopefully we will get reports that users get their phone back and that the issue is solved.

This is the best course of action to take. As long as you've made Sony aware of the issue you're experiencing then you should be OK. Warranty covers customers for a period of 24 months (2 years). I will try and get some clarification regarding this, but it may just be an internal (for Sony's eyes only) kind of memo, so don't hold your breath, but I will try.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Enthusiast
Message 446 of 838
Message 446 of 838

Anyone has updated the recent firmware and tested the camera??
Enthusiast
Message 447 of 838
Message 447 of 838

I did... Nithing's changed as expected...
Enthusiast
Message 448 of 838
Message 448 of 838

Too bad..Worried Face

Adviser
Message 449 of 838
Message 449 of 838

Z5 Compact bad picture quality - totally noisy in every condition

Hello,

my Sony Xperia Z5 compact is giving me very bad pictures. Please find below a set of examples.

First is the TV Tower, perfect sunny day. Second is the local Saturn Store with only artificial lights. But inside a shopping mall, so still pretty bright. Third is an Advent Calendar, bad light. In all you can see the same: the whole image is somewhat blurry, like some algorithm went cracy. There is no sharp borders, details are totally lost. The same color areas have lots of noise.

I send the phone now three times to Sony, last I got it back with the comment "Nothing fixed as it is as it should and within its requirements" or something like that. My 4 year old phone makes better pictures than that, especially in bright sunlight.

Does anyone else experience this?

Picture strip is a 100% cutout. The TV Tower Picture was too big (23MP), so I have cut out the interesting part. The other two pictures are 8MP in Auto Mode and totally unmodified.

Cutout.pngSony3_small.jpgDSC_0001.JPGDSC_0006.JPG

Emperor
Message 450 of 838
Message 450 of 838

Re: Z5 Compact bad picture quality - totally noisy in every condition

@KobiP

Do you experience the same with manual mode?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)