account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 431 of 838
Message 431 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

@mattsheb wrote:

I also am experience significant blurring on the left side, and there is also a small amount on the right with my second z5 Rev 2.  The true test for me was taking shots in low light, in which there is a strange blue blur on both the left and right sides of the screen (much heavier on the left).  The strange thing about the blue blur, is that it is definitely not as noticeable immediately after the picture is taken when it shows you a quick 1 second (if that) preview...but when I view the captured image, the blue is much more pronounced.  This leads me to believe that the problem is likely being amplified by automatic image post processing.

try photographing in manual mode using the night mode option

DSC_5137.JPG

DSC_0016.jpg

just auto

DSC_5137.JPG

Adviser
Message 432 of 838
Message 432 of 838

@Dodo1515 wrote:
L think this is a only carrier release..too bad, having hopes for a Camera fix..

I hope I'm wrong: but the camera won't fix anything, this is a not soft problem.

Commissioner
Message 433 of 838
Message 433 of 838

But this means that there ARE fixes for that problem or this was a repair with luck and a better camera lens... Slightly smiling Face

Greetings,

SirRobin
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 434 of 838
Message 434 of 838

Bro after taking 1000 pics camera be better . My wife phone has blurred left corner and after taking more than 500 photo it seems be better than when we buyed it
Adviser
Message 435 of 838
Message 435 of 838

Interesting. This purported issue seemingly still doesn't exist in Asian communities so far.
Talent
Message 436 of 838
Message 436 of 838

Further update:

Dear CerberusSco,

First of all I would like to thank you for your patience whilst we continue to investigate the points you have raised.

I would however like to address your comments re the replacement unit supplied and look to assure you that the unit provided is a New Unit and not refurbished. - Really? Why can't I find a week number on the FCC Label?

The New stock that we order for customer services arrives in generic boxes and is then customised with regards to software to the variant required by a consumer. It is not delivered for example as a generic software Kit or specific operator variant as a sales unit would be.  The unit you received is therefore new. With regards to the warranty, we support a 24 month limited warranty from purchase of the original handset and any replacement supplied would benefit from the original purchase date, please therefore keep your original proof of purchase.

I hope to be able to update further latest the beginning of next week.This should be regarding the blurring issue highlighted here and in other online forums/blogs. So, hopefully I/we will know something more next week regarding this as he/Sony have been investigating this for a while.

Again, don't hold your breath people, but I really do hope we know more next week.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Adviser
Message 437 of 838
Message 437 of 838

Users keep posting Z5 pics on Sony Mobile HK official Facebook page and seems no one noticed any issues. Interesting....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0UJilLBz2C3Vl9MYUR0NTJ1UjA/view?usp=docslist_api

Talent
Message 438 of 838
Message 438 of 838

@R8OO wrote:
Users keep posting Z5 pics on Sony Mobile HK official Facebook page and seems no one noticed any issues. Interesting....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0UJilLBz2C3Vl9MYUR0NTJ1UjA/view?usp=docslist_api

Facebook massively compresses the quality of images uploaded anyway, by compression artifact, so hardly surprising. Compression artifact makes jpg images very vulnerable to poor quality images. For example if you upload a 500KB jpg file Facebook will compress this down to 100KB or less and it's this loss of data that is responsible for the unwanted artifacts that appear in uploaded image. Hence why people here have used Photos/Google Drive or DropBox.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Adviser
Message 439 of 838
Message 439 of 838

Agreed. Medium res sharing over Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, and low res sharing over WhatsApp etc. And then reviewing one's traveling snapshots on the phone, or projecting on an HDTV via MHL to relive the fond memories. That's mainstream applications for casual snapshots on a compact mobile I believe. Blowing all up 1:1 on a large screen to meticulously inspect pics from a mobile is hilarious if not stupid IMHO. My decent (I think) FF Zeiss costs me about 3 times a Z5P and with that I did inspect very carefully pixel by pixel when I first received it. With a combat mobile, no one needs a Pixel warrior (nor a Keyboard one) I reckon...
Enthusiast
Message 440 of 838
Message 440 of 838