account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Learner
Message 421 of 838
Message 421 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I also am experience significant blurring on the left side, and there is also a small amount on the right with my second z5 Rev 2.  The true test for me was taking shots in low light, in which there is a strange blue blur on both the left and right sides of the screen (much heavier on the left).  The strange thing about the blue blur, is that it is definitely not as noticeable immediately after the picture is taken when it shows you a quick 1 second (if that) preview...but when I view the captured image, the blue is much more pronounced.  This leads me to believe that the problem is likely being amplified by automatic image post processing.

Apprentice
Message 422 of 838
Message 422 of 838

43 pages.

On their 599€ (chargerless, headphoneless, USB-OTG-less package) flagship phone.

And still no answer.

Returned mine to (god bless) Amazon.

Well done, Sony.

Thank you.

Enthusiast
Message 423 of 838
Message 423 of 838

Buy a z5 left blur issue,Buy a premium z5 also,same.. ..really hope Sony is working on a fix...
Talent
Message 424 of 838
Message 424 of 838

@Voro wrote:

So that's it? Sony will really leave it without any help or official statement whether there is hardware or software issue? What a shame...

Tired of posting. It seems as though Sony is more interested in releasing Frozen Dancing Themes, Stagefright fixes, Camera UI updates, Sketch Beta Updates & Track ID updates than fix an issue witht their latest, FLAGSHIP handset. If I don't hear from the UK Customer Service Director within a week, then I'll email him and failing that, I'm taking them to court for loss of income and the added insult of receiving a refurbished handset for a brand new handset in the hope of fixing this issue.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Adviser
Message 425 of 838
Message 425 of 838

Hey guys, i looking on this issue for around 1 month now and see actually no hope for any improvement from sony's side.

First, my wife's Smartphone is Xperia V, which got a well known dead&hot running issue and this serial manufacturing issue was resoved well 3 months after release. So with having this i mind i would never buy a new Sony smartphone just after release and i won't expect a quick reaction on bugs and issues (3-6 months horizon are maybe possible).

And second, i went in local store and had a look on Z5compact and its camera. I found blur on the left side and moreover i found following:

-if one taps in the left corner forcing the phone to focus on it then the left side becomes well sharp, but the rest gets blurry- this is obvious a strong indication of displacement of the lens and thus a hardware issue, affecting all devices to now: z5, z5 compact and z5 premium and M5.

I doubt that sony will resolve the issue withing forthcoming manufacturing- it is more likely to expect a fix with Z6 etc. with maybe 27 megapixel camera or soSlightly frowning Face

P.S. What i learned from my wifes XperiaV: the touchscreen and the glass is one unit and if the glass gets broken the handset is directly dead, unlike the phones from the most manufacturers where you can still use the phone with broken glass.

Adviser
Message 426 of 838
Message 426 of 838

By the way: what you think, is it woth to buy Galaxy S5 instead, to get good water protection level and even exchangable accumulator?

Inhabitant
Message 427 of 838
Message 427 of 838

@all 

Almost nothing to add - Sony doesn't want this issue resolved and so I won't be their customer anymore. There are enough other manufacturers building phones and only the Z5Cs size drove me towards Sony. I gave them enough chances ( store / forum / email - support ) but they messed it up every time.

@Morozniy 

Get a G4 - it's not water proof but quite water resistant. You also get your SD slot / switchable battery / premium leather back cover / and a really good camera with awesome camera controls. Battery runtime is a worse than the Z5/Z5C but you can also reach 4hours of SOT with light to medium use without turning it into a brick.

Learner
Message 428 of 838
Message 428 of 838

Hello everybody,

had the same Problem as everyone here. New z5 rev4 (Amazon Germany). Talked with the Support here in Germany. Could Not send it to repair, because Sony has no process to sent the Phone directly back. Had to send it back by Amazon. Sonys repairservice (w-support) changed the Mainboard and the camaramodul of the Phone. Got it back After five days. Everything works fine now. Perfect pics. Hope it keeps working fine. 

As i get my Phone six weeks ago, the blurry Problem was Not so Bad as four weeks later. Up to now realy great photos.

The only thing i can Not understand is, that Sony did Not comment this Problem!

My personal opinion is, that the z5 is a greate Phone Not perfect but greate. If i have a little Bit more time i will Post some compare photos.

Talent
Message 429 of 838
Message 429 of 838

Guys, a new firmware update with build number 32.0.A.6.200 has been released to select variants of the Sony Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact and Xperia Z5 Premium. The update is currently live for the E6653 variant of the Xperia Z5, both variants (E5803, E5823) of the Xperia Z5 Compact and the E6853 variant of the Xperia Z5 Premium. There is no changelog for the new firmware build, so if you’ve updated and on the off chance it has corrected anything, then let us know.

XPERIAblog

-Edit-

Nothing on Sony PC Companion or via OTA here in UK, but I am looking via Flashtool & XperiFirm.

XperiFirm

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 430 of 838
Message 430 of 838

L think this is a only carrier release..too bad, having hopes for a Camera fix..