account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Moderator
Message 351 of 838
937 Views
Message 351 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

That's correct, S6 Edge.
In Coventry earlier this year.
Going through a few pics on my one drive and am noticing lots of the same blurring in the corners with the S6 too.


Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Moderator
Message 352 of 838
899 Views
Message 352 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

However, the earlier pics in this thread were 100% taken on a Z5 Premium.
Only those 4 were with the edge


Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 353 of 838
832 Views
Message 353 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side


@viridis wrote:
However, the earlier pics in this thread were 100% taken on a Z5 Premium.
Only those 4 were with the edge

I think if we start looking at possible issues with the S6 Edge, then we could well detract from the main point of this thread, which wouldn't be fair on other users experiencing the same issue with their Z5. The Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are using a Sony IMX240 camera sensor, but there are other units using Samsung's own 16 MP creation. To check this, you're better off looking here

 

Note for other users. The comments below relate to a Samsung S6 Edge and are in no way related to the issue that some people are experieincing with their Z5 handset.

I zoomed in 100% via Dropbox and here is what I see.

  • 1st image: The flag pole in the top left corner looks quite blurry. 
  • 2nd image: The tree in the left hand side of the picture again looks blurry
  • 3rd image: If you look at the windows of the building, which seems to be above a bar, on the left hand side/left corner, they look blurred.
  • 4th image: Looking at what appears to be a Boots sign on the left hand corner and in other areas of the image, there is definite signs of blur.


Images taken with a shaky camera, wrong autofocus could cause objects on a photo to become indistinct and fuzzy. It could be motion blur, because if you look at the 4th image, some of the people standing around look blurry as well.

 

That's what I saw anyway. Could there be a link between Sony's IMX300 used in the Z5 & the IMX240 used in the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge? Possibly, but I doubt it.

 

 

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Moderator
Message 354 of 838
760 Views
Message 354 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

It was more pointing out that blurring at the corners is not unique to z5, a lot of people are thinking the small blurring at corners is the "z5 blurred lens" issue, when in fact it's not. The issue that should be concentrated on is the appalling 10-20% whole left side of the image which is blurred and distorted.
The extreme corners being blurred is common on modern phones with large sensors relying on small lenses so close together, it happened on the Z2,Z3, and other manufacturers too, and it's not unique to IMX series sensors, ISOCELL has it too.(in fact it's worse on ISOCELL)



Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 355 of 838
746 Views
Message 355 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I had a sony Z5 and had alot of issues focusing properly and photos would come out blurry. 

i got over it took it back and got refund from the store thank god.

 

Last sony phone i will ever buy

Inhabitant
Message 356 of 838
656 Views
Message 356 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Took some new test pictures today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvda77ln7...7ynFTrhna?dl=0

Am not sure if my device is affected by the left-hand blur cause issue caused by a de-centred lense and if I should take it back to the store in order to have it replaced or if there is only a little fuzziness because of the focus?!

Would be happy if anybody could check the pictures and give me some kind of advice.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 357 of 838
651 Views
Message 357 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side


@viridis wrote:
It was more pointing out that blurring at the corners is not unique to z5, a lot of people are thinking the small blurring at corners is the "z5 blurred lens" issue, when in fact it's not. The issue that should be concentrated on is the appalling 10-20% whole left side of the image which is blurred and distorted.
The extreme corners being blurred is common on modern phones with large sensors relying on small lenses so close together, it happened on the Z2,Z3, and other manufacturers too, and it's not unique to IMX series sensors, ISOCELL has it too.(in fact it's worse on ISOCELL)


I appreciate what you're saying, but I disagree. There hasn't been nearly the same amount of kicking off (if any at all) with the Samsung S6/S6 Edge as there has been with the Xperia Z5. If what you posted was really the case, people would of expected it, accepted it and this thread would not exist. There also wouldn't be major threads about it over at XDA & the O2UK forums :smileysmileywink:

 

I am still a member of various Samsung communities having made the leap from iOS to Android, by purchasing varios Galaxy models, I still try and keep up to date with what's happening with Samsung. I have seen nothing from people complaining about blurring with the S6/S6 Edge or otherwise. If that had been the case the pro Samsung sites like GSM Arena, PhoneArena and Techradar (who pretty much love to bash every other manufacturer other than Apple & Sammy) would have had a field day with it. I've seen nothing to suggest this at all.

 

Having worked for 2 of the 4 big UK mobile networks, I still have some contacts there. I am trying to get some idea of how many complaints they have received (if any) regarding the Z5 and this specific issue.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Talent
Message 358 of 838
644 Views
Message 358 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side


@JayDee1282 wrote:

Took some new test pictures today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvda77ln7...7ynFTrhna?dl=0

Am not sure if my device is affected by the left-hand blur cause issue caused by a de-centred lense and if I should take it back to the store in order to have it replaced or if there is only a little fuzziness because of the focus?!

Would be happy if anybody could check the pictures and give me some kind of advice.

Thanks.


  1. PIC_20151124_074418.JPG - Looks slightly blurry on the right hand side, but overall looks like a nice picture.
  2. PIC_20151124_074433.JPG - Top right hand corner. Sattelite dishes look really blurry/smudgy
  3. PIC_20151124_075023.JPG - Top left corner. Clock tower shows signs of blurring.
  4. PIC_20151124_075036.JPG - Top left corner & bottom right corner. Again shows small signes of blur, would need a second opinion.
  5. PIC_20151124_075100.JPG - Again top left hand corner & bottom right corner, second opinion needed.
  6. PIC_20151124_075114.JPG - Bottom right corner, again need a second opinion.

Overall nice pictures, but a few of them I'm not certain on so I think it's best to may be have a second opinion.

 

 

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Inhabitant
Message 359 of 838
632 Views
Message 359 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side


@CerberusSco wrote:

@JayDee1282 wrote:

Took some new test pictures today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvda77ln7...7ynFTrhna?dl=0

Am not sure if my device is affected by the left-hand blur cause issue caused by a de-centred lense and if I should take it back to the store in order to have it replaced or if there is only a little fuzziness because of the focus?!

Would be happy if anybody could check the pictures and give me some kind of advice.

Thanks.


  1. PIC_20151124_074418.JPG - Looks slightly blurry on the right hand side, but overall looks like a nice picture.
  2. PIC_20151124_074433.JPG - Top right hand corner. Sattelite dishes look really blurry/smudgy
  3. PIC_20151124_075023.JPG - Top left corner. Clock tower shows signs of blurring.
  4. PIC_20151124_075036.JPG - Top left corner & bottom right corner. Again shows small signes of blur, would need a second opinion.
  5. PIC_20151124_075100.JPG - Again top left hand corner & bottom right corner, second opinion needed.
  6. PIC_20151124_075114.JPG - Bottom right corner, again need a second opinion.

Overall nice pictures, but a few of them I'm not certain on so I think it's best to may be have a second opinion.

 

 


Thank you very much for your opinion again.

 

It is really a difficult decision because i couldn't say if it is caused by a de-centred lense or if it is normal becuase of the focus.

Talent
Message 360 of 838
624 Views
Message 360 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

@JayDee1282 No problem at all. I would hold off for a 2nd opinion at least, but in my humble opinion there are a few of them that show signs of blurring, which would suggest your handset suffers from the same issue. Slightly frowning Face

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!