account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Learner
Message 321 of 838
Message 321 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Hi guys, I have been reading all the messages in this thread. I'm on my second Z5, the first one had a bad power button but an almost blur-free camera. My second one does not have the worst camera I've seen in this thread but I still can see blur on the extreme right and medium blur on the left side of the photos.

What's your verdict on these? Slightly smiling Face :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7O6sNIGsJadzBDZHYtb0ZlSlU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7O6sNIGsJaMDFIbVJXVTFrOVU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7O6sNIGsJaQzZIVU0wRUlWMms/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7O6sNIGsJaWW5oNTViaVpUbVU/view?usp=sharing

Apprentice
Message 322 of 838
Message 322 of 838

RayJai wrote:

In my humble opinion, Sony technologies are the best

Korean cannot match, Samsung and LG are nothing here in Japan

I think this message is enough to understand the kind of user he is. Winking Face

No EXIF analysis needed...

C'mon we're not born yesterday................................

Talent
Message 323 of 838
Message 323 of 838

@aspratley wrote:

RayJai are the examples you posted direct from a Z5C? I just had a look at the EXIF and it's different to the EXIF that my Z5C was recording. Firstly both yours and your friends images are recording a lens of 4.9mm and mine was 4.2 (I'm not sure if this is altered depending on zoom). My camera was recorded as a Sony E5823, yours was just Sony. At least one of the images had a GPS date stamp sometime in June (before release?). I know EXIF can be overwritten if you've exported it or clocks can be wrong. But at least the lens information looks odd. 

If anyone wants to check, there's a good EXIF viewer here: http://regex.info/exif.cgi

--Update--

I just checked, and when I use zoom, the data for focal length in the EXIF is recorded as:

4.2 mm
Digital Zoom: 8×

in RayJai's examples the focal length is recorded as:

4.9 mm

So either:

• This value is recorded differently on different handsets
  • It's been altered after taking the image for some reason
  • Sony has different cameras/lenses in different units/markets
  • The exif viewer I'm using is not reading it correctly

I looked at some of the other affected images from other users on this thread and they are recording a focal length of 4.2 as well. 

If Sony are using different lenses in different markets, I'd love to know which one DxOMark used. Does anyone know if they publish original out of camera samples to download?

Very well noticed and thanks for the EXIF link that will come in very handy.

Every shot I've taken with my Z5 on Superior Auto shows a focal length of 4.2mm with an ISO of 40. I think something smells very fishy with RayJai's photos & posts. May be just a massive fan boy that doesn't want the name of Sony Mobile sullied in the way it has been. I also note the lack of any explanation from RayJai, which in my opinion, says an awful lot.

Anyway, on a side note I am expecting a new (use that word loosely) Xperia Z5 tomorrow. I have asked them to swap it from Black to White. First thing I am going to do is test everything on this replacement device.

One question I want to ask is, how will I know if this is a refub unit? I don't want a refurb, I actually want a brand new device. I bought it brand new and expect a like for like replacement.

Also, how do I obtain the best information to provide with my samples so I can post here (things such as revision number etc..)?

Many thanks in advance.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Regular
Message 324 of 838
Message 324 of 838

I've went through multiple white Z5's all of them with issues. I suggest checking the frosted glass on the back for dust particles, mine had dust behind the glass. 

As for how to check if your device is new. Check if the protectors have been peeled off, I guess that is the only way. Revision number you can find on the box of the phone below the model number.

Message 325 of 838
Message 325 of 838

Also note week of manufacture. It's on the pull out slip inside card port.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 326 of 838
Message 326 of 838

@viridis wrote:
Also note week of manufacture. It's on the pull out slip inside card port.

What pull out slip? It's not on the sim tray for me.

Message 327 of 838
Message 327 of 838

Behind the sim tray

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 328 of 838
Message 328 of 838

@ZooMas wrote:

I've went through multiple white Z5's all of them with issues. I suggest checking the frosted glass on the back for dust particles, mine had dust behind the glass. 

As for how to check if your device is new. Check if the protectors have been peeled off, I guess that is the only way. Revision number you can find on the box of the phone below the model number.

See there lies the issue. I'm not expecting a brand new handset with a brand new box, but I'll guess I'll see tomorrow or when it arrives.

Thanks all for the replies about revision number & week of manufacture, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those.

The last Xperia Z5 (Black) I had, listed a revision number of 3. I just checked as I still had the box.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 329 of 838
Message 329 of 838

Took some new pictures outside to see if there's a blur but couldn't figure it out.

https://dropbox.com/sh/zzb6yx9j8h1isoa/AAARrIJFLkqDR0R81riNabnea?dl=0

Adviser
Message 330 of 838
Message 330 of 838

Hi Ray, I looked through your samples pics. with tks so much.

However I found these pics. were taken by automodel, that means, there are all 800MP pics and in 16:9 condition.

With such condition, camera in fact just use a part of lens/sensor of the center but not all the lens and sensor, (that means the side/edge/corner of the pic. you took had been cutted by camera automatic) ....I calculated that in this case the lens wide is about 27-28MM (equal 35mm full frame)

So, may I ask you for testing with manual model, use 2300mp pics and in 4:3 condition. Just with this condition, we could see what happened under 25mm lens wide condition(equal 35mm full frame).