account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 261 of 838
Message 261 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Hello to all!
I am happy to see that i am not alone with my blurry pics.
But I think I am the only one who has this blurriness on the right side. The upper and downside of a pic. Means the side of the camera button.
Is there any solution or statement of Sony to anyone of you per pn or so?
Found nothing on Google...
By the way: the new camera app does not fix the problem.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 262 of 838
Message 262 of 838

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service for all of our products. As always, customers who have any concerns regarding the performance of their Xperia device are recommended to contact their local customer service centre if they feel it is not performing as expected.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 263 of 838
Message 263 of 838

@Rickard wrote:

Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service for all of our products. As always, customers who have any concerns regarding the performance of their Xperia device are recommended to contact their local customer service centre if they feel it is not performing as expected.

Thanks Rickard for commenting on this.

That's great and all but before I wipe my phone, send it in for repair and have to go through all the hassel of setting it all up again I want to know that the issue will be resolved. As it is today, lots of people has exchanged their phones just to discover that their replacement phone suffers from the same issues.

Has anyone here actually gotten it repaired and can confirm that repairing solves this?

Inhabitant
Message 264 of 838
Message 264 of 838

When I contacted Sony they suggested I send my phone in for repair. I didn't take this up because they wouldn't state if they would be able to fix it or acknowledge it as a fault - I didn't want to be left with unexpected costs and no phone. Plus I expect a brand new phone, to you know, work.

My retailer offered 3 brand new devices and all of them were faulty. So I gave up and got a refund. I wasted an awful lot of time and had no confidence that any new devices would be any good. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 265 of 838
Message 265 of 838

yep you are not alone regarding this big issue,me too l just bought a new z5 dual revision3,blur on right is there unfortunately..

L don't have a local sony customer service in my country so bad luck for me,it will be difficult for me to send it back...sooo l counting on a statement from sony whether it's a hardware issue or a software issue..and a Solution!!

(Previous phones xperia Sola,Tx,Z2)..just hoping l did not made the wrong choice...

Adviser
Message 266 of 838
Message 266 of 838

Frankly, is it really such a big deal on a cameraphone ? You can't even tell if it's blurred or not until blowing all up on a big screen and then look double hard to pick ? I don't mind about mine  *peace*

Enthusiast
Message 267 of 838
Message 267 of 838

The only one thing I want to hear from Sony ASAP is the statement, whether it is a software or hardware issue, and can I expect the next replacement to be finally good? Because right now after receiving faulty replacement I don't want to send phone for third bad unit......

Inhabitant
Message 268 of 838
Message 268 of 838

@r800 yes it is an issue. I'm not asking for DSLR quality, I don't expect it to be pin sharp across the frame. I'm quite aware of the kind of things to expect from small sensors and lenses in cameraphones. The phones I had clearly showed a fault, even at relatively small sizes. It's not there by design, there are good copies out there. If I'd bought a clearance or item marked as a second, I wouldn't mind. But I paid full price for a premium phone. I don't expect to make do with a fault that shouldn't be there. 

The issue doens't affect all phones, and the ones it does affect show different levels of severity.

Talent
Message 269 of 838
Message 269 of 838

@Rickard wrote:

No disrespect Rickard, but that answers nothing. It's a classic fob off statement!

There is clearly an issue with the Z5/Z5C and people who have bought their handset or upgraded via their mobile/cellular network need more information than this. People are going through the extremes and inconvenience of retruning their handsets, getting replacement handsets or a repair and are still having the same issue.

As it stands, I am dealing with someone in the Customer Relations department and I am expecting a call in the next 30 minutes with an answer.

@R8OO wrote:

Frankly, is it really such a big deal on a cameraphone ? You can't even tell if it's blurred or not until blowing all up on a big screen and then look double hard to pick ? I don't mind about mine  *peace*

It is a big deal.

1. Sony shouldn't be supplying faulty products and then have the bare faced audacity to not acknowledge or even address the issue. This is Sony after all, a major global company!

2. A lot of people buy Xperia handsets specifically for the camera. Fine it's not a DSLR, but it's the best cameraphone on the market imo. Why should customers have to waste their hard earned cash on a handset that should deliver flawless and beautiful pictures and put up with photos that have blur in them? If I wanted blur in my photos, I would use backgroud de-focus or the smudge tool in photoshop.

You hit the nail on the head with your reply as well. Is it such a big deal on a cameraphone? The clue is in the question you asked!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Learner
Message 270 of 838
Message 270 of 838

I have using z5 l also have blur issue on both sides.purchased yesterday,,,what i have to do???