account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 251 of 838
Message 251 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I tested mine again today under daylight at distant, sorta uniform patterns

I ain't sure no more is this an affected pic after reading more and more here....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0UJilLBz2C3V3JYM3pfRVBBRUU/view?usp=sharing

Manual,  16:9,  20MP (5984 x 3336)

Message 252 of 838
Message 252 of 838

Someone before was asking if the 'blue tint' during low-light / high-ISO shooting was an indication of a blurred lens. Can we try putting it to the test?

Here are the simple steps:

1. Set your camera to Superior Auto, 8MP 16:9

2. Lay it down on a table or shoot a COMPLETELY dark scene. The Superior Auto should select the "Low-Light" scene to make sure it selects as high an ISO possible. DO NOT cover the lens with your finger as it will just result in a red image (based on my test). Please post the ISO and shutter-speed details for consistency as well.

3. Pick-up your phone from the table, rotate it 180 degrees and do the same thing.

4. Observe if there is a blue tint on the parts where you are seeing the blurred edges. Compare if the shot you took upside-down if the blue tint has moved from the left to the right part. Lastly, compare if the part where the blue tints appear is the same parts as the blurred ones taken in normal landscape shots.

Here is what I did (1st pic is upside-down, 2nd pic is right-side up): http://imgur.com/2gK1d7u,kfgSZcA

And here is an example of my landscape shots for comparison: http://imgur.com/a/LmpSw

The theory is that those who are suffering from the left-blur problem should have more of a blue tint. The lesser the unit suffering from the blur problem, the lesser blue tint should appear. Keyword here is that this is THEORY.

Really appreciate those that would take the time to try it out. Thanks!

Post with 150 views.
Regular
Message 253 of 838
Message 253 of 838

I have not read all the pages and you might have tried that..but let me ask..

when you reverse the phone, I mean rotate it 180 degrees.. so the button will be at the bottom of the phone..

take a photo.. is the blur part goes to right side this time?

if yes; problem is the phone, if not; if it is at the left side again.. take a look at your finger while taking photo..

Adviser
Message 254 of 838
Message 254 of 838

Woah.. I've read the entire thread and it looks like buying newer Z is going to cause me a problem from day 1.. I had already lots of problem about Lollipop update for Z series and Z1 series. The update had mobile radio active bug, which makes your phone pretty much useless unllike this "minor " camera bug. And Sony didn't gave any answers or even acknowledgement to that enormous problem as well. I've tried to help them writing informative and clear texts about bugs, and I got 0 coks Winking Face I was a Sony fan, but situations I lived with my phone, and other peoples like on this one makes me hate Xperia range. I hope Sony makes an official statement to this problem. But from my various experience with Sony Mobile Co., I'm feeling Sony will be quiet and trying to sell phones to doesn't realise this problem.
I don't think there is brighter future for Xperias, in this extremely competitive market.
Apprentice
Message 255 of 838
Message 255 of 838

On Tuesday my provider will collect my Z5 and the'll check the phone. I hope they will fix it or they'll send me a new one. If the problem stays I will sell it and buy a LG G4..

It bothers me that Sony do not give any comment about that

Talent
Message 256 of 838
Message 256 of 838

@bloodfire1004 wrote:

Someone before was asking if the 'blue tint' during low-light / high-ISO shooting was an indication of a blurred lens. Can we try putting it to the test?

Here are the simple steps:

1. Set your camera to Superior Auto, 8MP 16:9

2. Lay it down on a table or shoot a COMPLETELY dark scene. The Superior Auto should select the "Low-Light" scene to make sure it selects as high an ISO possible. DO NOT cover the lens with your finger as it will just result in a red image (based on my test). Please post the ISO and shutter-speed details for consistency as well.

3. Pick-up your phone from the table, rotate it 180 degrees and do the same thing.

4. Observe if there is a blue tint on the parts where you are seeing the blurred edges. Compare if the shot you took upside-down if the blue tint has moved from the left to the right part. Lastly, compare if the part where the blue tints appear is the same parts as the blurred ones taken in normal landscape shots.

Here is what I did (1st pic is upside-down, 2nd pic is right-side up): http://imgur.com/2gK1d7u,kfgSZcA

And here is an example of my landscape shots for comparison: http://imgur.com/a/LmpSw

The theory is that those who are suffering from the left-blur problem should have more of a blue tint. The lesser the unit suffering from the blur problem, the lesser blue tint should appear. Keyword here is that this is THEORY.

Really appreciate those that would take the time to try it out. Thanks!

I'd be very interested to see the results. I've packed my phone away, ready for collection tomorrow, so I can't try this myself.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 257 of 838
Message 257 of 838

Hallo everybody,

does anyone know if this blur only occurs on specific revision of the device or if this is a revision non-specific (Xperia Z5) problem?

Message 258 of 838
Message 258 of 838

It's not revision-specific. I've seen Rev1 with only very little blur and Rev2 and 3 with much blur, and also vice versa.

Message 259 of 838
Message 259 of 838

I actually had created a tally based on respondents from reddit/SonyXperia and XDA forums. Please take note that the tally results are only based on those that replied, and I DID NOT crawl through data in the forums here (or anywhere else) by myself.

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/W5BjOu

Talent
Message 260 of 838
Message 260 of 838

Well Sony finally have my handset in for repair/replacement at SBE Ltd.

On another note, I've finally had a response from Gary Acors, the UK Customer Service Director for Sony Mobile.

I have copied our customer relations manager who will contact you by tomorrow morning to discuss how we can address the issue you have raised. I will work closely in support.

So, let's see what is said about this issue tomorrow and I will post any further info as and when I get it.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!