account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 61 of 838
Message 61 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Hardly possible they went back / lower, than a one year model D6503, maybe AnTuTu needs an update, to read motherboard specs correctly. This is the latest AnTuTu 5.7.1 the last Xperia seems to be Z4, so Z5 might be not read properly.

Screenshot_2015-10-12-12-03-11[1].png

Screenshot_2015-10-12-12-10-44[1].png

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Regular
Message 62 of 838
Message 62 of 838

Very good point. perhaps the software cannot use this latest sensor yet.

This could be good news if in the future users could bypass sonys post processing.

Regular
Message 63 of 838
Message 63 of 838

Just ran my Z5 through that benchmark app and it detected an 8.3mp camera too.. but as you say the app may need an update to correctly identify the sensor.

Commissioner
Message 64 of 838
Message 64 of 838

Glad I could help, You can feedback anTuTu team on google play so they know the issue. The best way to check sys specs is always user's manual, the full specs should be available on sony z5 site - technical documentry, cause inbox quick start is more than useless Winking Face

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Learner
Message 65 of 838
Message 65 of 838

The blurry Camera, the 8MP resolution on 3rd party apps and the laggy performance are reasons enough to send it back - I did it!!!

Regular
Message 66 of 838
Message 66 of 838

Message to Sony - Z5 Refunded

Returned my Z5 for a refund today having had 2 replacements since last Wednesday.

No response from Sony around the Image blur on the left side and not something I can justify paying £550 for. Its clear the Z5 and others have the image blur and a shame that there has been no official response. I waited patiently for this phone and it was my first switch to Android from Apple which has left a bitter taste. I have now returned to my Iphone.

Sony I wish it worked for me but it hasnt and I've had a bad experience with your phone and lack of support. I do wish to add that all the agents spoken to via the helpline have been polite so credit given for them.

Even if you had released a statement saying that there is a problem or that we are working on a fix I could understand and consider staying but with no suppport or correspondance I have left.

I wish all the other forum users with problems all the best to get them rectified - also if your within 30 days UK and have a fault then look at the consumer rights act 2015 for advice on a refund - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/t...

If you have returned or exchanged your Z series post below just so that Sony can see how many users have had problems as it may spart their interest in helping the remaining customers.

Learner
Message 67 of 838
Message 67 of 838

Re: Message to Sony - Z5 Refunded

I also returned it!

Highlighted
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 68 of 838
Message 68 of 838

They will fix the problems when enough users are reporting the same problem. You can buy one again by then, probably at a reduced price.
It's never right to buy a new product right at its launch.
Inhabitant
Message 69 of 838
Message 69 of 838

I updated the first post... if you guys want me to add something just ask for it.

Apart from that -> please stay on topic and try to provide some good sample shots when reporting problems with your camera Slightly smiling Face Thank you all!

Apprentice
Message 70 of 838
Message 70 of 838

Bought first Z5C on 2nd Oct which had top left corner blur, exchanged for another one on 9th Oct, which also has top left corner blur

https://goo.gl/photos/Mt4majaC7TtCeouk9

Not really sure what to do next, bought it sim-free from Carphonewarehouse UK, exchange again? Get a refund?