account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 838
Message 51 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I mean a capped usb port is better in preventing water from going into the phone lolol
Commissioner
Message 52 of 838
Message 52 of 838

It sure makes You more confidend going into pool, tottaly agree. As much as I don't trust my open earphones port Winking Face
I'm curious if there will be any Z5 fluid inside issue like it used to happen with Z2 and Z3 including compacts.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 838
Message 53 of 838

I have this worry because sony has changed the waterproof claim since m4 aqua, which is the first phone with capless usb port. And there's electrical current in the usb port.
Inhabitant
Message 54 of 838
Message 54 of 838

Please stay on topic

Message 55 of 838
Message 55 of 838

Yeah please stay on topic of the thread
One time poster
Message 56 of 838
Message 56 of 838

Bought the phone last Monday. Very dissapointed with the camera. The blur is there. Wrote to support today, hoping I can get a refund.22

Regular
Message 57 of 838
Message 57 of 838

I really like using the camera FX android app and  friend advised I could use that app to turn down the compression.

When I opened the app.. the only camera option was 8mp. The pictures where crisp and did't have the issues that the standard camera app had... However I could not select 23mp.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks

Highlighted
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 58 of 838
Message 58 of 838

Oh, so the blur may be caused by the software?
Talent
Message 59 of 838
Message 59 of 838

In every 3rd party app is 8mp max; I dont know way is like that, but if you instal AnTuTu app, and go on info tab, you can read that rear camera is 8.3mpx. Is that some sensor reading issue or system bud i have no idea...hope that some1 from sony team can explain.

Regular
Message 60 of 838
Message 60 of 838

Well personally I am going to sell mine as soon as possible... I don't have the time to be arguing with the people I bought it off or Sony themselves.

However I will be curious to see if Sony confirm that they are selling a phone with a "23mp" camera which is in fact 8mp.

I think the UK there are laws against misrepresentation whith regards to product specifications.

Time will tell.