account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Message 21 of 838
Message 21 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

No issues here with my Z5C.

No blur on any edge, pic quality is top-notch!

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 838
Message 22 of 838

Hey guys,

First of all - thanks for all the replies. The only thing that really makes me sad is that there is no official from Sony commenting on this. I guess in a support forum from the manufacturer you should expect that. That was my intention when I opened this thread...

The second thing is that the problem is not about background defocus while doing macro / close ups nor the general blur towards the edges. It's about one sided blur towards the left (landscape) or upper side (vertical) edge. Wastedjoker had this picture in his album which might be the perfect example for this defect. The only thing that would seal the deal is a 180° comparison shot with less blur on the top.

I will post an update tomorrow with some sample shots from a review unit at the local electronic store. A friend of mine told me that he took some pictures with it and was able to reproduce the defect.

Regards
Veljin

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 23 of 838
Message 23 of 838

I had a look at the bell picture. That blur is a shallow depth of field caused by the focus on the object closer to the lens at a large aperture. Perfectly normal on any camera. Try taking a picure of objects placed on the same plane (placed at the same distance from the lens)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field
Veteran
Message 24 of 838
Message 24 of 838

Oh GOD, so many issues Slightly frowning Face
Can someone please let me know whether this issue is only for the compact version or the standard one is affected by it as well?

When the price will drop or they will add noice-cancelling headphones I will want to buy the phone, I hope they will replace the lens until this time Slightly frowning Face

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 838
Message 25 of 838

Hey Ratacit

take a look at the pictures I took today with a demo unit in an electronic store. No close up with depth of field here only some cropping from my side to highlight the problem. This is the third Z5C I got my hands on... so far every one had these issues.

Again - we're not talking about background defocus or a general soft blur towards the edges or some normal disortion because of the wide angle lense. This is imbalanced and on the left side. In some scenarios it's more prominent than in others and it varies from phone to phone... 

I really want to some official statements here - is someone looking into this or are we just spamming the support forum while no one gives a **bleep**?

greetings

veljin

Commissioner
Message 26 of 838
Message 26 of 838

@Veljin these examples are better and yes, it seems that there are issues. 

Apprentice
Message 27 of 838
Message 27 of 838

Yeah these pictures show exactly what the problem is. Thank you for taking these! I called Sony three times and I sent them two emails...I just got one email response where they recommended me to do a factory reset which did absolutely nothing.

Now 7 days after my purchase I think I do not even have warranty anymore. This **bleep** since this is clearly a hardware defect and Sony does nothing. My last email was about returning the phone and getting my money back. Still no response. 

EHo
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 838
Message 28 of 838

I'm pretty interested in Z5C, but it seems like it has quite some problems: screen frozen and blurry pictures Slightly frowning Face

Veteran
Message 29 of 838
Message 29 of 838

Can someone please confirm if the same issue exists for normal Z5?

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 838
Message 30 of 838

https://goo.gl/8T1vG inside superior 23mp
https://goo.gl/oekn55 inside manual 23mp

Two from my phone