account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 premium - fingerprint scanner issues

Inhabitant
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Z5 premium - fingerprint scanner issues

My experience is that it is pretty good at recognizing the finger (I have registered my Thumb twice), but occasionally bugs out and it doesnt matter how hard I wipe the sensor, the finger or which one I try.

Unless I switch the screen off and on again, it wont recognize anything.

After screen off/on it unlocks on the first time.

Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

@Dean_Weaver I hope it will last. However, did you see my last post?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

Alexdon - I did see your last post, but as Sonymobile's only response was 'to do a repair' - I thought I would have to have tried this.... 

Pretty good news - just done 100 unlocks & still at 94% - things might have changed (I hope....). 

Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

Me too @Dean_Weaver. Enjoy your device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

Just got an OTA update - now 32.0.A.6.200 - re-registered my fingerprints & got 100 successful unlocks. Hope it continues...
Talent
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

After its appalling & mysterious deteriorating performance last year, I disabled it.....
Just got the marshmallow upgrade, so am trying it again.
Just re-registered a couple of fingers & get 98% - great...
Hope this continues.....
Talent
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

After two days my sucess-rate has dropped to 78% - this is useless......

My next phone certainly won't be a Sony.

Adept
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

Do you notice occasionally a "Fingerprint hardware not available" message in the lock screen when turning on the display?

Talent
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

No, but I am fed up of seeing 'too many attempts. Try again later' when it (frequently) fails...