account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 41 of 94
Message 41 of 94

Z5 premium dual you can better

Hi!

I'm not sure that someone can help me, but i have pretty stupid problem, i bought second sim yesterday (i need it for work) and i found that i cant set different melody to second sim!!! its funny and ridicolous !! phone that cost 1000$, phone that was build for work with two sim-cards and that phone dont have such simple option! I hope someone will hear me and fix this in next version...

P.S.: excuse me for my English

Forum Legend
Message 42 of 94
Message 42 of 94

Re: Z5 premium dual you can better

how about trying a third party app? or settings specific contacts with its own tone?

most manufacturers doesn't have the option to change this, you can suggest this by emailing them Local support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Visitor
Message 43 of 94
Message 43 of 94

Re: Z5 premium dual you can better

Samsung phones have this option and many others also. Even chipest phones have, such as explay that cost 50$... i dont need to specify contacts i need all calls to second sim hear different. i dont think thats a big deal to add this option.

Visitor
Message 44 of 94
Message 44 of 94

Re: Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

Horrible mistake and Sony won't correct it or replace our phones? That's not acceptable
ddg
One time poster
Message 45 of 94
Message 45 of 94

Phone ringtone on Z5 Dual

I cant choose ringtone for sim 1 and sim 2 it's only one choice of ringtone
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 46 of 94
Message 46 of 94

Re: Phone ringtone on Z5 Dual

Use the search bar as it has been asked before
Adviser
Message 47 of 94
Message 47 of 94

Has anyone tested a 3rd party app that works with Marshmallow that can give different ringtones for SIM1 and SIM2? I'm still using Lollipop because of the missing dual ringtone, but I'm considering the upgrade.

One time poster
Message 48 of 94
Message 48 of 94

Another very unhappy customer........ xperia m5 dual, now useless dual sim settings!

Lost seperate ringtones for each sim as discussed here, useless for using work and personal sims!

Stupid confirmation on enabling / disabling sim - do you want to? Yes..... done..... press ok...? Why?

If i put the phone into airplane mode it turns off both sims and wifi and bluetooth instantly, no need to confirm or hit hit ok etc. So why on earth do i need to multiple press for just one sim?!

Also, if you turn a sim off and back on it no longer remembers your "which sim choice for calls / sms" and stays set to what was the only sim selected. So now, when i turn the work sim off and back on, i now also hqve to re select the ask first option for calls and texts.....

Sony, sort it out, you have just made this phone close to useless for dual sim users!

One time poster
Message 49 of 94
Message 49 of 94

Re: Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

I can't believe that Sony did that with rings tones...
It is anyone reading that from Sony? Or we are complaining but nothing will change?
Message 50 of 94
Message 50 of 94

Re: Android 6.0 Ring tone bug

Why wont this feature be re-instated? Sounds pretty basic to me that a dual sim phone could handle an individual ringtone for each sim, can you not understand how this would be a feature of use to dual sim users???